Head lamp

soupcreek

I am looking for a headlamp that does NOT have LED light. I don't see it very well. I can't seem to find a decent small one that gives off REGULAR light. I had one a few years ago, so I know they exist, but I can't seem to find a new one online. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Soup

They seem to be getting more rare. Not all LEDs are the same. Look on some of the spelunking, biking, climbing forums. Apex and Tikka seem to be popular LED lamps that put out serious light without the washout of cheaper ones.

Here are some tactical lamps with Xenon or Xenon/LED combos. The Xenon puts some great light out, but eat the juice up pretty quick. http://www.urbanhart.com/shopsite/military_other.html

A few months back Outdoor Life mag had a section on headlamps. You might be able to find via their website. What I know is that whichever one you choose, I recommend one using AAA or AAA and not those expensive short-lasting batteries. Spelled out well in the article.

I have a Cabelas Alaskan Guide head lamp. It has two different settings one is the white LED light and the other is a regular yellow light that is easier to see. It is heavier and not good for bivy hunting or backpacking if you try to cut as much weight as possible. It is very sturdy and waterproof though and has held up good whenever I use it.

Hunting is my way of life
Sgt. Petersen
USMC OIF OEF Vet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom