Headed down to Unit 30...

mozey

Long Time Member
...tomorrow for the deer rifle that starts on Saturday. I know of a couple of promising spots to check out based on my barbary adventures the last couple years. However, once those don't pan out, I need you guys who are more in-the-know to PM me the GPS coordinates to your honeyholes. I'm not greedy, I'll settle for anything that?ll score over 160 or so. Thanks in advance... :)

Mozey..

Only I know there is score 150...just drive to El Paso Gap and hit on dirt road on ur right and u will see the big mountain on ur right side!

Good Luck...post ur pic when ur return with class 185!!

vinihunt

p.s. the elk tag soup taste better with either red or green!

Good luck Moz.If you dont kill a buck at least try to tie us up 2 big barbarys for when the season comes

p.s Tag also tastes good in a tortilla with salsa

Much thanks, vin and crazey.

I expect that because I saw several nice bucks last year and only a few barbarys during the barbary season, this deer season I'll probably see at least a half dozen 30" rams to go along with a couple forkies and a spike.

Poetic justice, don't ya know...

...I was a walking comedy of errors when I saw three different wall hangers within the first 30 minutes on opening morning.

Besides slicing my finger and bleeding all over myself while trying to install a broken bipod on my rifle, I couldn't figure out why everything looked so crisp through my binos and to my naked eyes, but so blurry through my scope. It wasn't until mid day Sunday that I figured out that I had unknowingly lost my contact lense in my right eye; I was thinking that there must have been something wrong with the scope. Unfortunately, those big 'ol bucks rarely, if ever, give you a second chance. Today was the last day I could hunt, so I ended up shooting a small forkie (love the meat) at 250 yards late this afternoon; nothing at all was wrong with the scope.

Saw a total of 16 bucks over the three days, but none that rivaled the first three. Get me some of that lipstick, crazey.

Looking forward to next year.

At least you were in some action Moz.And that jerky is going to taste a heck of alot better than all your tag recipes.

Good Job Mozey. You are going thru the same stuff I have gone thru. See some good bucks, but, have not been able to close the deal. They dont give you second chances.
Standards are dropping as necessary. Glad you got some good venison.

Mozey

now which taste better with my deer tag? green or red? saw many spike and forks! nothing big than 3x3 to pull the trigger!! could easily shot nice wide 2x2 at maybe 125 yards but didn't! but saw nice herds of elk! so I should do better on my cow elk comin next weekend!!

I still had great time down there! in 16's...saw coues, javelina, 2 bears and few differents of elk!!! 2 big bulls! whew!!! spent time with my dad and cousin! my brother and nephew was watchin football 49ers vs arizona at AZ!

vinihunt

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom