Headed for 2B

borntohunt

Well this time next week we will be getting ready for the big hunt. Buddies are leaving Utah next Wednesday, I will leave on Friday. The bows are ready and shooting great, so hopefully we find a few to bring home. Has any body been out there the last few weeks? Last I heard quite a few deer were being seen and the quite a bit of snow was on the ground. What are the current conditions? Has anyone seen any monsters down there this year?

borntohunt

Was in 2C a few days ago and there is some crunchy snow on the ground. Seen a few bucks...nothin real big.
-Raptor

It should of got some snow this week with the storm going thru there.
Hope you post how the hunt goes.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I was out yesterday afternoon doing some looking around just for fun up around Rosa Road, saw a bunch of does, two bucks. A forky and a pretty decent 4x. There is still a good amount of snow up there and the roads were getting pretty dang bad when it was thawing out. Should have some luck on southern exposures where there isnt quite as much snow. Most of the deer we saw were in the rocky ridges on the southern sides. Its been real cold up here lately so its going to be pretty crunchy snow, not too sure how I would hunt it personally, it will be tough, but it archery always is!

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

I can remember when my nephews got into a canyon(truck and horse trailer) and then had to wait until about 2 am for it to freeze hard enough so they could get out.
Hope the hunt goes well.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

LAST EDITED ON Jan-06-10 AT 02:33PM (MST)[p]borntohunt...3 words CHAINS CHAINS CHAINS!!
COME-A-LONG! ok 4 words...and better have at least 2 good shovels. Been there, done that! Good Luck and poke a big ol' scratcher!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b44d82a06d14adf.jpg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom