Headed to New Mexico

shedcrazy

Very Active Member
I'll be there next Sunday to attend my 31st annual New Mexico hunt.

I cant wait. I heard the grass is tall and the bulls are many.

well, I got my eye on a lil oasis in the high desert. Scouting trips have proved fruitful with plenty o grass and enough shooters to cover me and mine.

Not insuring success by any stretch but the conditions are ripe. All fundamentals in place.

3 days and counting.

Well, Like I said, Hopefully the next time I log on I'm posting pics. Low and behold, I am. Here is the cow we took on Sept. 3rd.
6995picture_087smallpic.jpg

and of course one of me in there.

251picture_089resized.jpg

It was a decent hunt. Not much rut activity yet. It was damn hot but we got into a couple and this cow gave her life for a damn fine cause.

Sounds like a pretty good hunt then eh, congrats on your hunt.Coow elk is about as good as it gets once it's on the flame...

yeah, the shot looks like it was in the shoulder but it really was just behind the shoulder. Maybe a little too close for comfort but the result was just fine.

She is a good eater. we've already eaten the inside tender loins (At Camp) and one backstrap. She is tasty and oh soooo tender.

Back in the days of the 21 day hunt, we'd hold out but these days, first hide goes down.

It was kinda funny, though. While gutting her out, we could hear bugles in the background. Oh well.

Looks like you hosed her down with blood. Doesnt look like she went far.

Arrow go through both shoulder blades?

What can I say, she was a bleeder.

Arrow stuck in the back shoulder blade. I know the shot looks like it went through the front shoulder but it did not. it was just behind it. The way she layed down i guess makes the wound look dead nuts over the shoulder.

I have yet to discover a bow that will penetrate one shoulder blade, much less both shoulder blades.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom