Headin’ to the Gorge.

runamuk

Very Active Member
IMG_6406.jpeg

Loaded up and fixin to get Truckin’.
Headed out for a two day Dead and company show at the Gorge.
Oughta be plenty of fun camping out three nights with close to 30K Hippies. ✌️

Any body else a Grateful Dead / Dead and company fan?
Far as I’m concerned it’s some of the best Rock n Roll ever!
Been listening to Dead music as far back as I can remember.

Never cared much for John Mayer until he teamed up with Bob Weir and formed Dead and Company, filling in for Jerry Garcia would be quite the chore but he’s covered him with room to spare.

Couple'a smokin' hot tunes..........

✌️✌️

Last edited:
Those fish in Alaska bite pretty good some years, I've heard. ? You timed it just right. Nice haul!
You wouldn't believe it eel, them Reds were so hungry that I had a few jump right out of the water and snapped up my fly!
No doubt Red with a touch of Black colored flies were the ticket.;)

Limit went from 3 a day to 6 a day to 9 a day while we were there.

Bess, no flatty's in this crew, I got standards ya know......

Tikka, ya missed a good un fer sure, we oughta talk and plan a trip up one of these years soon.

I saw the dead back in ‘95 at shoreline amphitheater in Mountain View CA. Just a a few months before Jerry Garcia died. Wish I could remember the show lol.

You wouldn't believe it eel, them Reds were so hungry that I had a few jump right out of the water and snapped up my fly!
No doubt Red with a touch of Black colored flies were the ticket.;)

Limit went from 3 a day to 6 a day to 9 a day while we were there.

Bess, no flatty's in this crew, I got standards ya know......

Tikka, ya missed a good un fer sure, we oughta talk and plan a trip up one of these years soon.
Sometimes it takes a little trial and error but when you find the right pattern and delivery, you got them. ?

They shot some people at the Gorge on June 17 so pack....I lived in Quincy when I was a kid. Also the Royal Slope. Pete Taggares was the biggest farmer in Washington State. My Dad worked for him. He painted the telephone poles on his land to a height of 4'. I remember you could drive and drive and see them for a long time.

I never had much interest in the dead when I was a young guy. For years I made fun of all my stinky hippy buddies that frequented the dead shows. Back in the day it seemed like you could go to a dead show every other week somewhere in the bay area.
Now many years later I have somehow grown to absolutely love their music and regret not taking advantage of the many opportunities that were available in those days.
Such is life I guess. I have the same thing going on with golf. You would have had to hold a gun to my head to get me to watch the Masters 25 years ago. Now it's pretty much my favorite thing to do with my clothes on!
Have fun, and make sure to hit a nitrous balloon for me!

Of course you probably know.how close Quincy is to the Gorge. Alao I remember the town called George . I don't know if it is still open but they had Martha's Cafe ! Good pie and Milkshakes that were huge. I kept that area when we moved when I was 8 years old. We had huge dust storms back then, and it would come through some if the windows even.

They shot some people at the Gorge on June 17 so pack....I lived in Quincy when I was a kid. Also the Royal Slope. Pete Taggares was the biggest farmer in Washington State. My Dad worked for him. He painted the telephone poles on his land to a height of 4'. I remember you could drive and drive and see them for a long time.
Only bad thing about the trip was entering the security checkpoint at the entrance.

They had about 10 lanes of traffic to enter through we were about 20 vehicles back in the lane we were in.

So I decided to mozy on up and see what was happening, when I got to the front of the line, there were at least dozen dogs there wearing orange vests that had the words K-9 firearm detection, and at least 3 dozen cops running around in orange shirts searching every vehicle and camper.

I’m thinking Ooops! I better hustle on back to my rig and rearrange a few things!!

Made it through with no problems but my girlfriend was about to piss down both legs while they searched my truck and trailer. ?

I put on a roof for what I’m guessing is this Taggares daughter in Sun Valley Idaho a couple of years ago.
She is an extremely nice person and very gracious, can’t ever leave her place without getting fed and sent off with a couple of pounds of delicious treats.

Last edited:
Looking At That trailer I'd Bet There's Some Secret/Hidden Compartments!:D

Only bad thing about the trip was entering the security checkpoint at the entrance.

They had about 10 lanes of traffic to enter through we were about 20 vehicles back in the lane we were in.

So I decided to mozy on up and see what was happening, when I got to the front of the line, there were at least dozen dogs there wearing orange vests that had the words K-9 firearm detection, and at least 3 dozen cops running around in orange shirts searching every vehicle and camper.

I’m thinking Ooops! I better hustle on back to my rig and rearrange a few things!!

Made it through with no problems but my girlfriend was about to piss down both legs while they searched my truck and trailer. ?

I put on a roof for what I’m guessing is this Taggares daughter in Sun Valley Idaho a couple of years ago.
She was an extremely nice person and very gracious, can’t ever leave her place without getting fed and sent off with a couple of pounds of delicious treats.

Looking At That trailer I'd Bet There's Some Secret/Hidden Compartments!:D
Ya got that right!!
I was a lil nervous with trying to beat them dogs noses though.
No problem beating their eyes but their noses are a whole different ball game...

Yer purty close Bess, there weren't no shortage of smoke there!
But there never is at any of the concerts I go to.
Went and seen the Hag and Kris Kristofferson show several years ago and I'd have to say there was more open drug and alcohol use at that show than any other show I've ever been to.

Couple a pics from the trip.

My sweeties back door goin’ through the front gate. Not to shabby for a 58 year old.
IMG_6588.png

Just a fraction of the crowd.
IMG_6584.png

Not sure what this dude is trip in’ on but I kinda wish I could’ve tried some.
IMG_6586.png

I’ve been to many hundreds of concerts in n my life but this was one of the best shows I’ve ever been to, they were stomping on it with both feet,
It is supposed to be their final tour but they have a 60th anniversary coming up in 2025 I’m hoping they put on a few shows then, I would make any and all effort to go see em one more time.

IMG_6591.png

IMG_6590.png

Was sure a relief when that sun went down, damn it was hot ? They ought’a call it the gouge $27 for a drink and in 100 degree heat my gal bout broke the bank gulpin’ em down.

IMG_6592.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom