Hear it from the Girls?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
This place has too many Dudes! Seems probable that almost as many women read these threads as us guys. I'd like to see some gals out there chime in, maybe post up a hunting story or the general run of their trips this or other years. I'd wager that we have a sizable part of our readers that just doesn't post or post very often because of their gender and i say, why not?

To answer my own question, because some of us are:
Dude, Slang.
A. a fellow; chap.
B. general term of address used to a man who is rude, often crude and obnoxious.

I say we Cowboy up, show a bit of respect, and welcome the ladies, young and older, to share their hunting tales, their prospective toward our heritage if they choose, and/or maybe a pic or two.

Go for it Gals, Thanks!! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

.....wishful thinking Joey....

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Uncle sage is lookin for a Internet Date!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

>My girls all hunt but they
>don't share the need to
>beat their chest like us
>dudes! :)
>
>
>It's always an adventure!!!

How did they get started? Just wanted to follow dad or did you bring them out at a young age?

Dang! It ain't like i'm asking em to Dance or something...

Well, that's OK. It's nice, some of our best threads are the ones guys feature their Daughters or Wives, Sisters, Aunts, Grandma's, or otherwise affiliated females, in a moment of justly Pride. I know gals like to hunt too and can be just as nuts over taking a good animal as we are. If not here and now, just know ladies, that many guys here are pulling for them Gals out in the field and their own contributions here would be more than welcome.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'll let Preddy know you're all for girls hunting! :) She's got another Idaho tag to fill in the next couple weeks, so we'll be "gettin' er done" on mule deer. Watch for it.

Think about it Sage, If you want them to waste hours of their day pissing and moaning about others hunting ethics and picture posing, then you will end up changing diapers and washing dishes, doing laundry. Soon we'll be talking about the Kardashions, and Paris Hilton. I'm good.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

The odds of a chick posting a picture of themselves, without someone saying "I'd hit that" (wiz......) is pretty slim. I doubt they would stick around very long

>>My girls all hunt but they
>>don't share the need to
>>beat their chest like us
>>dudes! :)
>>
>>
>>It's always an adventure!!!
>
>
>How did they get started? Just
>wanted to follow dad or
>did you bring them out
>at a young age?

I started shooting with them when they were old enough to know what to do with the crosshairs. Most of them have killed a turkey by the time they were 8 or 9 and big game before they were teenagers. They just like to go hang out with Dad I guess. I never forced them to go but I always offered to take them out. Now a couple of them are older and out of the house. I don't get to spend that kind of time with them anymore but we still talk about the "good ol days".

It's always an adventure!!!

Growing up in a big Ranch Family that everybody hunted, hunting stories were told all the time, especially those of legends in the game and how they got it done. One such legend in my time was the rancher's daughter who lived over a couple ridges and at the base of our mountain. Patty was about 10 years older than me

She stood 6'2, broad of the shoulder and narrow at the hips. She probably pushed 200 pounds most of her life. Her Dad had no Boys, just Patty, and i heard that he had her driving grain Harvesters from a very young age in steep country that more than a couple guys had lost their lives from rollovers. She was a all-around great hand no matter what needed to be done and often attended our brandings or just would stop in to say hi to everyone.

One year when i was about 12 or 13, it was told around our group of friends and family, that Patty had killed a extraordinary 4x4 buck on one of her hikes way up the ridge in a good sized chunk of roadless country that i hunted as well. It was told that she gutted the buck, threw it up on her back, and packed it back to their ranch, some 4 or 5 miles, without stopping. Every year i heard of her hunting exploits. She was one of my hunting idols.

Patty Bettencourt is still kicking, one of my Aunts very best friends. No matter what it is, she's one you wouldn't want to bet against!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-14 AT 09:04AM (MST)[p]Joey, your story of Patty reminds me of a woman I know about who was very similar. She was my wife's great grandmother (Edit: it was her grandmother. My wife just corrected me:)). Her husband was a government hunter in Mendocino County. They both died very young and about the only thing that survived was a small photo album, and of course stories. The photo album was lost in a fire in the mid 70's but my wife and I got to see it before the fire and she was quite the hunter. Quite attractive too. She loved horses.

One of the stories is that her and her husband together killed the last Grizzly bear in Mendocino County around 1920. The hide was displayed in a bar in Willits for a long time. It might still be there for all I know.:)but I doubt it. I guess that's not something to brag about now days, but it was a celebrated event back then.

There is no reason why women can't be just as good as men when it comes to hunting and I wish more would.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-14 AT 09:58AM (MST)[p]Smitty and Overton were born male but converted to trannies in their older years. Does that count???

True Story!!!

Cool Eel, Nice and thanks!!

Patty was a special lady. She never married but My Dad's older Brother and her "hung out" quit a bit, she took a shine to him, most did. She was very soft spoken but quick to smile, a hell of a Lady!

I been meaning to get a couple older pics scanned and posted up here. One of them has my Great Grandmother and another Lady i don't know who she is, posing with their Bucks that are nestled in between the front fender and the raised head lights of a old passenger car.

My Mom's Mom was a noted crack shot and helped feed the family with many a single shot fired from her, then new, .257 Roberts.

The Gals can get it done. Sometimes a guy will lead the way but then he must know to get out of the way because them birds can fly!

Joey

Joey, I am the wife of a guy that visits this web sight often (Stonefly) I too am a hunter, Fisherman, camper, and outdoors person. Have been for all my life. I have never posted on here before because sometimes i think it gets a bit too crazy. And when I hunt Deer, I dont look for "Monster bucks" as you can tell by my name, I look for the first legal buck, I like the venison. I also archery Elk hunt, and Fly fish. I am not a Camp wench in the outdoors. I am up before the sun and dont come off the mountain untill after dark. I have been unable to hunt with a rifle for the last 4 years, I cant shoot a rifle that has much recoil due to an injury. This Year I had my husband and friends build me a new 243 ,and they made it so I didnt kick. Here is a pic of the first "little buck" I have taken in 5 years
6308wp_20141018_001.jpg

Nice post littlebuck! Stick around, stay above the cat fights. Somebody gets snippy just ignore em. Lotta good people here!

Guys! I got a live one!! :)

LittleBuck, you made my Day, Thanks for Posting.

I think i read of your injury and Stonefly's efforts to get you set up with a rifle that had no or minimal recoil, was wondering how that was going, good on all your help getting that rig set up and you back again getting your share. Congrats on that Buck!!

Your pic reminds me of a younger version of my Grandmother, the one i spoke of with the .257 Roberts. One day after out fishing for trout with my Grandfather, coming in i could see all the big rocks n boulders deep down in the crystal clear bottom of the lake we were fishing. I remember looking for trout but not sure what they looked like... Later that day, Grandma took me down to the shore and taught me how to cast out my own fishing line. Over and over, i'd cast out a hookless lure and grandma would critique with loving words. I'll never forget that day. How beautiful it was and how easy it was for me to do, what had previously looked so hard to do. Grandma and the kid, I was then about 4 years old.

Thanks for the note. Stonefly is a great guy here and it has become clear that he has a good gal at his side!

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom