Helena

COHunter

Hey folks, looks like I might be getting an interview in Helena, could anybody tell me what they think of the area for hunting & fishing? especially bird hunting?

How about the city itself? is it a decent place for a family? how's the weather, etc...

Also, I here property tax is high up there is that true? Here in Colorado we pay vitually nothing (El Paso county)

I have lived in Helena for all 21 years of my life. Im not much of a bird hunter, but there arent a lot of pheasants directly around here, central mt, maybe three hour drive, is a lot better. big game hunting in my opinion is great around here, but the wolves are moving in fast. great fishing, whatever flavor you like. Helena itself is ok, no real trashy parts of town, low crime rate i think. I never take my keys out of my pickup if that means anything. weather might hit 100 for 3-4 days a year, average of 85 in the summer probably. usually around the 20s in the winter, with a week or so of around -20. not alot of snow anymore, maybe a foot on the ground. pretty dry in the summer. not sure on the propery taxes, which is pretty sad because i own a brand new house. I like the town, and really have no desire to leave.

The property tax isn't a lot different from there. I moved to Helena from Teller county last fall and bought a house in Montana City - about 8 miles from downtown Helena.

This week the weather has been great - more like the summer we didn't have.

For birds, there isn't much here. There is a bird preserve just South of Helena, but I don't know the details.

Who is the interview with? You can pm me if you want.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom