HELP.....Drop Away Fletching Clearance Issue!

EROCK1313

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-08 AT 07:20AM (MST)[p]So I was checking the sighting for my broadheads and noticed that I am getting some contact between my bottom 2 vanes and my drop away. I shoot a QAD Ultra Hunter with my arrows being "Chicken" side up (can't say the real word on here)so that I get the most clearance. I never really noticed before since field points are a little more forgiving. I am assuming that the contact is happening because, my Drop Away is not doing its job fast enough - i.e. too short of a cord on my downward buss cable.

Am I right in this diagnosis? If I lengthen it, it should come up later on draw and drop sooner on release- correct???

I only have until Wednesday to resolve this, so any help is greatly appreciated in advance!!!

~Erick

try turning your nocks a few degrees one way or the other and see if that helps. Also use lipstick to see exactly where the contact is coming from.

Thanks blazingsaddle, I will try the lipstick for confirmation, but here is what I have so far.....

I used arrows with new fletching and after quite a few shots, I could see streaks on each bottom vane from the felt, in line with the "V" arms (remember, odd colored vane up).

1) So I know there is contact.

2) It is even (on the bottom of both vanes when odd colored up).

3) It is coming from the rest arms not falling fast enough.

4) How do I resolve this?????

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

~Erick

The rest you have has really tall prongs. IMHO the taller prongs can cause problems with fletching contact. I use trophy taker drop away rest and have never had a problem except when I purchased a trophy taker shaky hunter which had the taller prongs. I took a dremel tool and cut the prongs all the way down to the size of an original trophy taker rest and haven't had any problems.

You might also have a problem with the rests timing. It needs to be set so it comes up in the last 2 inches of draw.

There is no need for any drop away rest to have all of the full containment crap you see on them.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom