Help Pick Hunt Adventure Winners......

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Well, it was tough picking these top 7. There were several others that could easily be in the top 7, but after reading all the threads and taking the input of many of you here on the site, I decided these were it.

So, now the tougher part, picking the order. I need your help, but only if you have read all 7 of these contestant threads. The winner needs to be the best, not the most popular, or most liked.........you know what I mean. If you've followed these threads, then please let us know what you think. Who's is best? Who's 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.

Here are the top 7. Below, you will see the contest prizes. Please, give me some input on order. Who should be #1, #2, and #3???? The top 3 and the order of the top 3 are the most important.

TOP 7 Finishers (listed in no particular order)

buglinbilly
ridgetops
predator
ladyshooter
HJB
c3
npaden

Contest Prizes
[ul]
[li]Fully Guided Wyoming Trophy Mule Deer Hunt with Big Country Outfitters. Winner will be guided by MonsterMuleys.com Founder, Brian Latturner. (Hunt will included your license.) Plus, the 1st place winner will receive an Outdoorsmans Pack System Backpack valued at $450.00. ($4000.00+ Value)
** Note: Winner can opt to except $500.00 cash instead of the Wyoming deer license and guided hunt.
[li]Outdoorsmans Tripod w/ Pistol Grip & Outdoorsmans Pack System Backpack. ($900.00+ Value)
[li]$200.00 cash & Western Hunter Sleeping Bag ($600.00+ Value)
[li]$100.00 cash & 10 Day Wilderness Athelete Kit ($200.00+ Value)
[li]$100.00 cash & MonsterMuleys.com Hat & T-shirt
[li]$50.00 cash & MonsterMuleys.com Hat & T-shirt
[li]$50.00 cash & MonsterMuleys.com Hat & T-shirt
[/ul]

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-11 AT 10:38PM (MST)[p]#1 - Predator
#2 - ladyshooter
#3 - c3
#4 - HJB
#5 - BB
#6 - ridgetops
#7 - npaden

Hard to pick but I am partial to the ladies for sure! Very nice job gals.

It's always an adventure!!!

For me it comes down to this:
Did the contestant get the animal they were after durring scouting ect or did they just shoot an animal.

Did they have footage of the hunt or was it just pictures.

How was the over all content.

This is the hard part for me
1st Ridgtop shot a state reccord ram, got the scouting footage on video and had great photo content and reading material.

2nd C3/HJB tie HJB did get one of the top 3 bulls he scouted but to me it is easier then doing it with a bow like C3 did. C3 footage is amazing, c3 photos are amazing.

3rd Predator

4th BB

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you get!!

My Opinion:

#1: Ridgetop - I liked how he broke it down day by day. Some of the posts had way too much suspense. And it got annoying trying to read them. Others ranted and raved too much on stuff without good pics and video. Ridgetops HAC was really good. Essentially it was a sheep hunt, but had some good filler material with those deer hunts, and he did make a year out of harvesting Double D. Oh and it was all DIY which is very cool.

#2: Predator - Great writing style, and some big animals harvested. Felt like I was along for the ride.

#3: C3 - great story, awesome bull. I loved the wallowing footage.

#4: HBJ - The trail camera pics and scouting info was good. He connected on one of his bulls he had scouted out..and all DIY.

#5: BB
#6: Ladyshooter - great hunt, and enjoyed the beginning. I got more interested in the other posts as the year went on.
#7: npaden

They were all really good, and picking 7 is very hard. I also enjoyed a few of the others just as much.

WYmoose

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-11 AT 06:03AM (MST)[p]No particular order

Yelum

Predator

Chase

Ladyshooter

BearCat

SilentStalker

WapitiBob

==============

*edit---highcase C in BearCat--*

Robb

LAST EDITED ON Jan-03-11 AT 07:06AM (MST)[p]It was a tough decision, but after looking through them all I went with the following. I especially followed the top four throughout the year so it is not surprising to see them at the top of my list. This was a very fun competition and I hope we are able to do something like it in 2011. My wife also really enjoyed ladyshooter and her post.

ladyshooter = 1
HJB =2
c3 =3
Buglinbilly =4
ridgetops =5
predator =6
npaden =7

Top 5
C3
Predator
HJB
BB
Midnight

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Ive been a fence sitter here for awhile but I guess i'll throw in my 2 cents.

I was surprised that UTAHMULIES wasnt listed in there. His was super good to follow. To the point, very organised and he killed the buck he was after on opening day!!

Just my thoughts.

#1 utahmulies
#2 ridgetops
#3 c3
#4 buglinbilly
#5 predator
#6 ladyshooter
#7 hjb

Choosing the best is hard because there was a lot of effort put into this contest. But here is my list.

1. Ridgetops--I loved following the State Record Ram hunt especially when taken by a very regular guy!

2. Predator--Pretty special lady hunter.
3. Lady Shooter-- Ditto
4. C3--exciting hard hunt to the finish with archery equipment
5. HJB--Good all around story
6. Buglin Billy--as always, great photos
7. npaden---Quite a year.

PleaseDear,

Unfortunately a few on your list did not make the rounds. I have to say after 102 posts I am a bit shocked, but hey what the hell.

Wow, I would have never put myself in the top 7.

LOTS of great ones out there, I really liked Chase's Ibex thread and Bearcat's thread was really good too. A few others I kept up with were vanderb79's Average guy post and Katorade did great for a 16 year old! Not sure what happened to 4finger, I was following his mountain goat thread, but it just stopped somewhere in there, I hope he ended up with a nice billy.

Out of the finalists I would vote as follows:

1 - Ridgetop
2 - Predator
3 - BB
4 - C3
5 - HJB
6 - Ladyshooter

Not voting for myself of course.

I still think that in the future it would be better to do prizes for the top 3 or 4 tops and then do some type of raffle for the rest of the folks who made a legitimate effort to document their hunting seasons.

Overall it was a fun experience for me.

Yep, hard to pick....here's my picks

1. Ladyshooter
2. C3
3. HJB
4. Predator
5. ridgetops
6. BB
7. npaden

Thanks to all that participated for sharing your hunts! :)

I'm not sure I should vote. I liked one story above the others for all the important reasons, but the author/hunter also happens to be my friend. The friendship is not the reason I would choose the story.

Heres my picks.

Predator
Ridgetops
Ladyshooter
C3
HJB
Buglinbilly
Npaden

You have all done well. Thanks for the adventures.

Loved all of them.

1. Ridgetops
2. C3
3. Buglinbilly
4. HJB
5. Ladyshooter
6. Npaden
7. Predator

#1 HJB Harvested a bull he scouted, good info.

#2 C3 Great archery bull,great pictures.

#3 Utahmulies harvested a great "archery" buck he scouted,good story.

No doubt a tough decision.

1) Predator
2) Buglinbilly
3) HJB
4) Ridgetops
5) Ladyshooter
6) C3
7) Npaden

Thanks to everyone that participated and took us all along, I'm looking forward to next years Hunt Adventure's.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Lots of work for those that participated. Just want to tell y'all thanks. Since I can't vote for founder my top three from this list is
Predator
Ladyshooter
C3

Utahmulies is a very good friend of mine, so my opinion is biased, but I think it's completely crazy that he isn't in the top 7! His story was not full of useless garbage and stuff like many other challenges. He scouted a great buck, had pictures and video of it growing, and harvested it on the first day of the hunt, with great follow up stories and pictures. Yeah, maybe he had his shirt off a little too much for some guys, but he nailed this challenge and definately deserves the top 7. Don't know how it all went down, but I know that many others feel the same as I do. BTW, I'm not trying to offend anyone, I just really think that his story is exactly how it should have been laid out. Only pertinant info, great pics, video, and success pics with friends and family. Exactly what it's all about. ANyways, Lanceboy, great story, great hunt, and I was happy to have a part in it with you.

There where alot of great adventures, my top three would have to be Bearcat, chase, and ridgetop. Since only one of them made it to the top, I'll go with ridgetop.

Bearcat, you hunted my dream hunt, and gave alot of great info on how to go about it, and some sweet pics. If I ever run into some money, I'm going for it, Congrats on an awesome bull.

There were some truly outstanding hunting stories, and several which did not make the cut still struck a chord within me with either pictures, emotions, or the thrill of the hunt. I think everyone did a great job, and commend you all. The first thing I did each day was read the new posts in HAC.

Of the seven selected, I'd have to break them into top 3 and other runner-ups. Not listed in order, just by the overall quality, interest, good photos, and the fact they left me just wanting more. Several were definately single animal hunt chronicles with a focused target, while others were stories of sharing the entire experience with many different people.

I'm a little predjudiced toward Pred's story, as I got to enjoy a portion of it, but there certainly were other aspects of some stories which left you on the edge of your seat.

Top group - LadyShooter, Ridgetop, and Predator

Second group -C3, Npaden, BuglinBilly, and HJB

#1- ridgetops

#2- C3

#3- HJB

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands one nation under God indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

1- HJB, scouting,pics,story, has it all....
2- C3, what can I say, elk are my favorite!
3- Ridgetops, great read

Epointer

Thanks for the call out and if I can ever help please contact me anytime. I guess I should have gone guided or posted every hunt I either helped with or hunted with my son this year--oh well.

BearCat

Its very tough deciding. However, here are my pic's:

1- C3- (I am not a bow hunter but after reading his story and seeing his enthusiasm, I might become one!!) Also, he never gave up and stuck with it!

2- HJB- I really liked the pic's, from beginning to end. With all the competition on that unit, he took a monster DIY bull.

3- BB- Loved the photography, story....

4- NPaden- Very close to BB; great story

5- Ridgetop- Great Story

6- Predator- Great story, and very well written.

7- Ladyshooter- Great story and really was impressed by the enthusiasm and preparation.

I would like to thank all of them first of all for the stories and sharing with us. It was a tough to decide. I hope the HAC is an every year thing.

1-ridgetop
2-ladyshooter
3-predator
4-HJB
5-BB
6-c3
7-npaden

#1-Predator
#2-Ridgetops
#3-Ladyshooter/Buglinbilly

HAC was a very awesome addition to Monstuer Muleys for 2010!

Sure hope there'll be another challenge for 2011! I'll be in it to win it for sure!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-04-11 AT 02:05PM (MST)[p]1. Ridgetops--Great story and patience on the hunt. Made the most of a once in a lifetime hunt.

2. C3--Filming a bull on your own and then killing him.....your kidding right!!! Amazing footage and story.

3. Buglin Billy--love's shooting photos of animals as much as he enjoys shooting animals. His pictures were worth a 1000 words.

4. HJB--Good story

5. Predator--Great writing style and amazing stories.

6. Lady Shooter-- Fun to follow the story

7. npaden--You have my respect....fun story to follow

Loved reading the the rest.....

Broadside shot(Can't believe they walked away from that ATV Unharmed-nice buck)
Bearcat(Giant moose),
midnight(Sticking to it),
bugleboy, ....etc

>Utahmulies is a very good friend
>of mine, so my opinion
>is biased, but I think
>it's completely crazy that he
>isn't in the top 7!
> His story was not
>full of useless garbage and
>stuff like many other challenges.
> He scouted a great
>buck, had pictures and video
>of it growing, and harvested
>it on the first day
>of the hunt, with great
>follow up stories and pictures.
> Yeah, maybe he had
>his shirt off a little
>too much for some guys,
>but he nailed this challenge
>and definately deserves the top
>7. Don't know how
>it all went down, but
>I know that many others
>feel the same as I
>do. BTW,
>I'm not trying to offend
>anyone, I just really think
>that his story is exactly
>how it should have been
>laid out. Only pertinant
>info, great pics, video, and
>success pics with friends and
>family. Exactly what it's
>all about. ANyways, Lanceboy,
>great story, great hunt, and
>I was happy to have
>a part in it with
>you.

+1 I don't know how utahmulies got over looked for top 7!

Can't vote, my favorites did not even make top 7. How could bearcat not be included? Silent stalker? It was an average person hunt contest, not who took the best photos or had the most hunts lined up.... I would like the guided muley go to someone who maybe can't afford one on their own. just my .02

Ridgetops #1 His story was the only one that kept me hanging on a thread to where I would purposely get on MM's just to get an update! He also held out for "Double D," the new state record Ram!

C3 #2 It was difficult to pick between HJB,and C3 for number two. Loved the incredible pictures, stories of both, and video.

HJB #3

Utahmulies #4 Can't believe he isn't in the top 7! You're kidding right!? ? His story was one of the first completed, not that it matters and granted it was archery.

buglinbilly #5
predator #6
ladyshooter #7

I think Founders own HAC was just as good as c3 and Pred's...There's my top 3 in no particular order.

The winner should probably go to the guy who complains the most about not winning though lol...

~Z~

#1- Ridgetops- Fun hunt to follow, great video and pictures. I was glad he shot "double D"

#2-c3- Great video and pictures....love the San Juan

#3- Predator- great bulls, great pictures, and great stories.

#4-HJB- Scouting pictures and his top 3 bulls were all sure shooters. His hunt story itself was a little quick but hey he had a rifle on a great limited entry hunt. No need to drag on the hunt to much.

#5- BB and Ladyshooter were both fun hunts. I was really hoping that ladyshooter would tag out on her archery elk, but it wasn't meant to be I guess. BB had tons of opportunity and I was glas when he finally got his large 2x4. But talk about awesome photography; BB had some great pictures!

#6- npaden was fun had a lot of hunting in one year.

I also loved Founder's podcast. He was probably tired of lugging around a bow after a couple months of hardcore bowhunting and camping. The last week on the front looked cold and bitter. I was really hoping he would shoot a monster buck! But because he is the owner of the sight I guess he won't vote for himself.

Braden

Had to spend a few days reading, but it was fun and I loved all the stories. Seriously I was not even a contender this year, but things will change next year.

1. Ridgetops
2. HJB
3. Predator
4. C3
5. BB
6. Ladyshooter
7. Npaden

Kudos to all the other contestants too, there were a lot of other stories not among the top 7 that I really enjoyed. And above all else, congrats to everyone who had their dreams come true this year.

[font color="blue" size="1"]-Follow my 2010 Hunting Adventures-[/br][/font]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r114/foxykaya/Hunting/HuntingAdventures.jpg​

Thanks Elkhunter!

I know we do not know each other, but there are still some great ones in the top 7--you should still vote. For Me, there is always next year--NOT!

Also if you ever need any help give me a shot I will help where I can.

BearCat

Ridgetops - great hunt story without every detail of his life.
C3 - love the DIY bow hunt and he just seems to enjoy life.
Npaden - I had virtually the same hunts and the story about the brother's burning their camper sealed the deal for me (not sure if that made it into his HAC or not but was posted)

There were a lot of great stories but some simply put too much in their stories and just became to hard to follow.

We might just need a random draw to determine the prizes for the Top 7. And maybe throw in a random draw for an honarable metion prize (bearcat, 4fingers, chase, utmulies, etc.)

Wow,

Where do you start? I loved most of them and really enjoyed seeing all the pic's and success photo's. What a great contest! I think you all won having incredible years! I know I enjoyed doing mine a ton!

Judging them is very tough for me. I know several of ya really well. Since I have to pick,

predator
c3
buglinbilly
ridgetops
ladyshooter
HJB
npaden

You all had incredible years and did a very good job of telling your story. Thank You all and congratulations!

As follow:
1. Predator
2. C3
3. Ladyshooter

Great job everyone and thanks for the free ride!

Ridgetops, ordinary guy, extraordinary tag and even more extraordinary story, as was already said, he didn't include everything else in his life. Just his sheep hunt and a couple collateral damage muleys.

First off I want to say thank you to those of you that voted for me even though somehow I wasnt in the top 7....:eek: :-(

It means alot that you all enjoyed my adventure. I tried to keep it simple, exciting and to the point. So again thank you.

With that being said I guess I'll cast my vote.

#1 HJB
#2 Ridgetop
#3 buglinbilly
#4 c3
#5 Predator
#6 npaden
#7 ladyshooter

:7

Mathews Z7
CX Maxima Hunter 350
Sure Loc Single pin
Epek XC3 Broadheads

Even though I did not make the final Top 7 and I will say I am a bit bummed (I think anyone who spent that much time would be). I think there were some great stories and I hope I made some new friends.

Also anyone has an invite to contact me about the moose trip and I will do what I can.

Here are mine.
#1 HJB
#2 buglinbilly
#3 c3
#4 npaden
#5 ridgetop
#6 Predator
#7 ladyshooter

BearCat

Good Luck to all the Top 7 I believe you all deserve it.

Founder make the call and invite em all! You can't shoot 7 bucks anyways.

Since I know these guys is the only reason that I am voting for any of the top seven.

1. BB - Gets my top vote. I refer to him as the Archery Ambassador for me. He took me under his wing as I was a rookie bowhunter and taught me the thrill of watching animals from a tree stand. Thanks to him, I took my first bull elk off the Wasatch Front from a place we worked together. So call me Bias, but he is still getting it done year in and year out. One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and would talk to you all day long about hunting. BB, you got my #1 VOTE. Excellent scout, prep, and make bad into good accounts until all hunters successfully tagged out. BB even helped others too. My hat is off to you my friend.

2. C3 - Again, someone I know, but no else on this thread has put in the time and years Pete has in the past without tagging an elk. If you met Pete from the last year, you would never know that he was still chasing that first big bull elk. Pete is very knowlegdgable about elk and call it bad luck, or call it what you may, ANYONE of us can only imagine this jubliation of walking up to that bull after 23+ years and knowing he had finally accomplished one of the utlimate bucket list in the hunting world. Taking a bull elk.

3. HJB- I don't know him but I related to his story the most. I don't think any of the others are any less but this one was elk, DIY, etc, My style of hunting.

4. Ridgeline - Your story was BEST animal taken regarding scoring. I liked the detail to your story, photos, extra hunts shared. I can only imagine shooting a once in a life time animal and it turns out to be a State Record. WOW!

All the others were awesome and I enjoyed reading each one. I hope you all get some sort of reward regardless of my opinion.

I would suggest after reading several comments that there is some breakdown in what the Prize is for. Samples might be;

Best Scoring Animal (Elk, Deer, etc.)
Best Story Telling
Best Drama
Best Guided Hunt
Best DIY
Best Number of days hunting
Best Quick Hunt
Best Ole Timer Story
Best Luck Hunt
Best Scouting Story
Best Archery
Best Muzzleloader
Best Rifle
Best Family Story
Best Product Review
BEST OVERALL (Average)
Best ETC....

Founder thanks for making the thread available. I enjoyed posting or documenting my days in the field. This gave me a place to do it. I didn't tag out but I sure did score some great memories this year that I will never forget thanks to this Hunting Adventure Challenge.

My picks are

#1 HJB
#2 LadyShooter
#3 C3
#4 Predator
#5 buglinbilly
#6 ridgetops
#7 npaden

All of the stories were great. I really enjoyed alot of the ones that didn't make the top 7 also. Congratulations to who ever wins.

Geeeezzzzz, opinions are scattered! It doesn't appear that any one thread was a standout.....well, except mine. I knew I should have allowed my adventure into the mix! Would have been a slam dunk and an easy pick....right???? LOL

Seriously, it's going to be tough to pick....I'm kinda scared to pick now....I'll probably get more pissed off contestants. LOL Just kidding!!! I can't imagine there are more people who would act like that. I hope not.

I'll have to kick back a read through the 7 again. With all these opinions pointing every different way, it's going to be a tough one.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

C3-
Pete made me think that someday I will draw SJ and have a
hunt like his.
BBilly
Love his pics and his storytelling
Pred
Love her style and she had a great season but she didn't give us any pre-hunt scouting.
HJB
His story was great and his hunt was great. It just wasn't long enough
Npaden
Ladyshooter

In that order for me. All of them are great. I think you should give them all first prize.

ya i dont envy your position trying to pick a winner. i think a good way to do it would be to let them all be elegible and have a vote. everybody with say fifty posts or more gets one vote. you all pick your top three and say you get 3 points for a first place vote, 2 for a second, and 1 for a third. add em up and person with the most points wins. takes the decision out of your hands.

my picks are

1- HJB
2- C3
3- BB

And not just because I'm a little slow and can remember the short names better.... They were special, just like momma said I was when the short bus pulled up each day.

Here is one last open suggestion for you Founder.

You led by example of what you posted as the ideal Hunting Adventure Challenge. Pick from the seven finalist the one that best replicated your example.

After all it is your contest. May the best closest related to what you portrayed fall into place.

Midnight

I really liked Bearcat's Moose/Caribou adventures.
That is a hunt I want to do again more than most any other.
Great pics, animals & story.

Thanks

Here's my picks for your Top 7. Great Storys and all of them have there own unique parts. Everyone could be the winner.

Founder, just like Midnight said pick the one that meets the requirements that you have envisioned.

1. RidgeTops
2. BuglinBilly
3. C3
4. ladyshooter
5. HJB
6. predator
7. npaden

Great Contest. Do it again this year and the stories will be even better

This thread is the vote hornseeker. I think what I'll do is take the input from this thread, although it probably won't help much because it's so scattered, and then combine it with what I think.
I need to read the 7 threads again, and then pick which adventure sounds the funnest, most exciting, most rewarding, who shared great photos, etc. Basically, just the thread that MOST has me thinking, "I want to have a year like that!" I think that's the best way to judge it.

After reading through all the posts here, there doesn't appear to be ONE real "standout" best. Everyone's opinion is just so different. That's the way it is I guess, we all think and view things differently.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

>Basically,
>just the thread that MOST
>has me thinking, "I want
>to have a year like
>that!" I think that's the
>best way to judge it.

>Brian Latturner
>MonsterMuleys.com

A few of us focused on "One Hunt" of the year instead of the whole year of hunting. I had several other trips that I didn't include in my HAC because I wanted to stick to the subject of the Pahvant. I thought adding scattered posts of different hunting trips would make things confusing.
So just keep in mind that those of us that focused on "One" hunt also had a good year. We just chose to highlight one individual hunt.
Thanks for the great Idea of the HAC. It was a lot of fun and there were a lot of awesome pics, vids, and info shared for everyone to enjoy. I hope we can continue the HAC in the future.
Good luck with your decision :)
HJB

My Picks:

#1-ridgetops
#2-npaden
#3-buglinbilly
#4-predator
#5-HJB
#6-c3
#7-ladyshooter

I think my list changed a few times but i am sticking to this one. All of them were great.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

buglinbilly
predator
HJB
ridgetops
npaden
ladyshooter
c3

Eel

it's not a 40 incher but it's closer than the last 40 incher you posted....

JB

#1- C3, His experience tops it especially after waiting for years to draw and do all of it on his own.
#2- Ridgetops, Great adventure and great story with great success.
#3- HJB, Awesome bull, this type of hunt is what i keep dreaming will occur for me one day.

All adventures were great but I really like the ones who stuck with one particular hunt and didn't try to combine ten hunts into one adventure. Just my opinion.
Great job for all 7 of the hunters, I keep dreaming that I will be in one of your shoes one day.

My vote is for Ladyshooter !!! No I do not know her....

HJB, C3, BB, Midnight, ridgetops all had great threads as well.

1. Ridgetops
He had lots of pics, great video, was able to take the animal he was after, had a great story that took you along with him, and is a great guy that let me tag along.
2. c3
I loved the audio of those bulls screaming!!! It was so cool to see the video of that bull before he took him. I know there is no way I would have let that bull walk!

Well I think HJB should get the first place trophy

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom