Help planning DIY spring bear hunt

W

wmm

I am planning to hunt black bear this spring and would like to hunt DIY. I am from Mississippi and will be traveling to MT to hunt so I have flexiability on when I hunt. I can backpack hunt if necessary. What areas of the state hold the highest concentration of Bears? Is there alot of resident hutning pressure? I am farmiliar with the east fork of the bitteroot (unit 270) and the area around Ennis. How are these areas for Bear?
Thanks for your help.

east fork of the bitterroot isnt worth squat for anything, except possibly a muley if you can draw a tag. Ive seen pics of nice bears from around ennis.

All I can say is good luck! Them hairy guys are hard to find. I look a little each year, nothing too serious, but can tell you that they are tougher to find than elk. I'll send you a pm on some places to consider.

---------------------------------------
This is my post

I've just pissed in my pants.......and nobody can do anything about it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom