Help scope choices

bcoufal

Last year I miss my opportunity to take a real nice 6x6 bull but due to my less than adequate scope I didn't take the shot that I wish I could have.

This past weekend I won the rifle I haven't been able to afford at a banquet and need to decide what scope to install. Now that I have the rifle of choice I want a decent scope. The rifle is a Savage 300 Winchester Short Mag. I am looking for something between 3 to 4 hundred dollar range. This rig will be my main elk rifle. I know I don't want anything over 40 mm but cant decide on make and range of the optic.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Brett

Vortex VPR-M-01 Viper 3-9X40 Riflescope RETICLE: V-PLEX

Go look it up. I don't think you will do much better new but if you watch the classified ads here on MM you will find an even better one used if you want.

Hey Brett...Doug has a Zeiss 3-9x40 conquest for around $370 in his latest classified listing...i have a conquest 3.5-10x44 on one rifle, and i love that thing

another scope i like is the little VX3 2.5-8x36, which i believe you can find in your price range with the standard reticle

Good Luck!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-11 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]Gr8ful Doug has some super prices on the new Leica riflescopes... I'm thinking about upgrading myself! NJS

>Hey Brett...Doug has a Zeiss 3-9x40
>conquest for around $370 in
>his latest classified listing...i have
>a conquest 3.5-10x44 on one
>rifle, and i love that
>thing
>
>another scope i like is the
>little VX3 2.5-8x36, which i
>believe you can find in
>your price range with the
>standard reticle
>
>Good Luck!

That's what I was going to say. Hard to beat for the price. I will be getting one soon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom