HELP! Vortex or ZenRay?

Well If I had to choose. I would say the heck with both and get some Leupolds. But out of those two I would say, Vortex over the ZenRay crap anyday.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

And I'd say Zen all day every day...Cameraland has had some pretty sweet deals on demos lately you might look at. Do whatever you want but I wouldn't make a decision on the Zen Ray based on what you hear on here...VERY FEW of the Zen Ray smack talkers have ever looked through a pair. 100% of the people who've looked through mine have been extremely impressed.

Best of luck regardless which way you go

~Z~

I agree with never_catch on the quality of ZenRay and the fact that most who bash them have never looked through them. Give them a look and decide for yourself.

That being said I don't have any real experience with the Vortex just a few looks in Sportsman's so I can't give an opinion on them and definitely won't bash them (what a novel idea right?) without a fair test under hunting conditions. I will say if the optics are close and you can deal with the weight you will probably appreciate the bigger objectives.

Bill

Both brands have had songs of praise sung to both, and both brands have their detractors.

The only way to really know for your needs is to look through them both side by side. Our eyes are not all the same, and other things being equal, ergonomics (balance, weight, etc...) may be a real factor too.

Thanks for the info! If any of you know of someone that has either one, I would like to look through them. Im in Northern Utah and cant find either pair in stock, I cant even find a dealer for the zens.

Thanks Again

If all thing are equal when you look at them and price the warrenty on vortex is amazing so i would stick with vortex unless the price and quality dont match.

As far as I can tell, they are very close Vortex has the warranty but as far as phase coating ect. the only plus that I can see the Zen Ray would have is Ed glass, how would I tell without both next to each other, wich would have the best clarity? is th ED a big step or go for the warranty just in case I drop them( this is guaranteed to happen to me if I opt out)
Thank all of you for the help!

I think the Zen warranty is lifetime also. Now do they and will they stand behind it 10 yrs. from now?

Bill

It is life time on the Zen Ray but not unconditional.
Vortex is unconditional I personally have dealt with them on a warranty problem that was my fault.

Im thinking Vortex Is the way I will go.

Thank you all for the help!

both zenray and Vortex are good companies to deal with. I am curious why you compare ZEN ED2 with Vulture. It's like comparing apple to orange. There is nothing equal between them. If size matters, you should go with 10x56 vulture. If optical quality matters, you should get both ZEN ED2 and Vortex razor to compare them side by side. I did it back a couple of months ago and kept the ED2 and returned the Razor.

I compared the two based on Price! That was kind of the point of this post to see if the two compare!
Going off the specs they are close.

Lens coatings are close
Exit pupil on the vulures is better
Zens have Ed glass
Anyway that's why I asked because I don't know, and I'm Limited to $400 or less.
Thanks for the info

are u 100 % mind set on getting one pair or the other ?? if so I would lean towards the Zens ...if not there is alot of top quailty glass available in the same $400 to $700 range I own Brunton Eterna 15 X 51s awesome glass I bought new from a guy in Nampa Idaho 3 years ago..they sold everywhere for around $800 I got them for $500 brand new ordered straight from Brunton..I actually just sent them back to Brunton 2 weeks ago to have them cleaned & called to check on the status last friday & they informed me they had gotten water inside them & the lens were scratched they are sending me a BRAND NEW pair !!! now that is customer service !!!

I am in Northern Ut and have the Zen Ray ED2's seem good to me. I haven't compared to Vortex though. I have been very pleased with them.

Have you considered the new ZRS HD? It also has dielectric lens coating, just like ED2. The reviews I saw on the birder's sight are pretty positive.

I just started researching around for a new pair of binos. Are there any Zen Ray dealers in Central Utah? I would love to look through some myself.

i did a side by side comparison of the exact glass your talking about. the zens were better, brighter and more compact. you would think the bigger objective of the Vortex would allow more light but the zens were still brighter.

the vortex warranty is probably better tho.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom