help with camera quesions??

WAstickslinger

I am an avid hunter and I spend a lot of hours scouting. I would like to be able to start taking some decent photos in the field but my point and shoot with a 3X zoom just doesn't cut it. Any advice about what camera would be good for me. I see they have a few 12X, 6 MP, out there under $400. That would be in my range, but are they any good? Thanks for any advice.

My personal favorite would be the Panasonic FZ7. It is as compact as you can get for a 6 mega pixel 12x zoom. It has a 2.5" screen as well as a viewfinder. It also has a Leica lens which is as sharp as you can get. It comes with a rechargable battery and charger. If you want to see a write up on it go to dpreview.com and type in panasonic dmc-fz7 in the search and it will come up.
A good 2nd choice is the Canon S3IS. It is also a 6 mega pixel camera with a 12x zoom and, like the Panasonic has image stabilization. The only drawback is that it uses AA bnatteries and has a smaller screen. It is also a little larger then the Panasonic.
Feel free to call me with any questions

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
575 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10022
212-753-5128
www.cameralandny.com

samsung pro makes a 15x with 8mp. if your into the mega pixel and most zoom, it is the only one in it's class.

never shot it but since most guys seem to want the most pixels with the most zoom, i thought I make sure you know it was available.

If i were you i would NOT even consider one that does not have image stabilization or some other anti vibration technology.

I dont know if the samsung has it or not, i just saw it in a book the other day. . .

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

I just get one of dem cheap o disposable cameras and get you some of dat der clear packing tape and some super glue and tape it to your spotting scope. Now you got yurself a super zoom fur takin pictures of dem critters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom