SE region dedicated hunter projects

oldcrow

I’m in the dedicated hunter program and have to complete my conservation hours to get the tag. This would not be a problem except for the fact that there is no projects to complete in the entire SE region. I called to get information about what I can do to complete my hours and was told that the person that used to be in charge of that position had recently retired and that they had not backfilled behind them, but they may have projects soon. I was also encouraged to bring forth any ideas for projects that they could implement. Is any body else in this same boat or live in the region that has some ideas for projects???

no projects to complete in the entire SE region.
Might have to travel !
This is BS. How is it possible to not have any projects in the Whole SE region?
When people sign up for DH they should, at a minimum, be able to find projects in their region.

This is the reason I quit the DH program and the reason it should be eliminated.

I agree I’m just saying if there are no projects in that area that’s the only thing to do is travel and most don’t give drive time !

Last edited:
I’m in the dedicated hunter program and have to complete my conservation hours to get the tag. This would not be a problem except for the fact that there is no projects to complete in the entire SE region. I called to get information about what I can do to complete my hours and was told that the person that used to be in charge of that position had recently retired and that they had not backfilled behind them, but they may have projects soon. I was also encouraged to bring forth any ideas for projects that they could implement. Is any body else in this same boat or live in the region that has some ideas for projects???
There are usually projects around the lake Powell area. Some times you can propose a project for your area and present that the them and get your hours done that way. Would be worth a try

Now You're A Little GROWLY!:D

This is BS. How is it possible to not have any projects in the Whole SE region?
When people sign up for DH they should, at a minimum, be able to find projects in their region.

This is the reason I quit the DH program and the reason it should be eliminated.

I’m already traveling from 2hrs from CO to get to SE region, and have proposed a project and never got an any response.

I know of a guzzler that needs fixed, if you want, they gave me hours to install it, but when i went to check on it last it wasn't working properly, its located on elkridge in hammond canyon. Propose to them that you want to go fix it and I can take you in if you want.

Also I know they are giving hours right now if you will take some wood from areas they are cleaning out and haul it to the reservation for use.

Project Description:
This project includes loading, hauling and delivering firewood to wood banks in White Mesa, Bluff, or other areas identified by the project leader. The goal is to establish an efficient and effective connection between fuels reduction and habitat improvement projects and end users who will use the wood for cooking and heating.

Firewood size rounds were cut and placed near the roads within the project area to be utilized by the public with firewood gathering permits and to be collected and moved to a storage area/wood bank in White Mesa. The wood delivered to White Mesa will be utilized by tribal members needing wood for cooking and heating.

Dedicated hunters are encouraged to work independently and coordinate with Charles on where to haul the wood and how to submit their hours. Photos of wood collected and dropped off at the staging location are required. On-site supervision by an agency official may not be required based on individual experience.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom