Help with Crybaby

C

Cowboy

I've got a good friend who just cant get over his poor luck drawing tags...and its killing me. Every time we get around the subject of hunting plans he starts whining about how the G&F has it out for him. He really believes he is the subject of discrimination and blames that on why he cant draw any good tags.

I have tried everything I can think of tp get him to be more optimistic, but he says he "cant take the rejection any more". He knows he is pathetic and just sinks deeper into his depressed state.

I would just let him turn into an acquaintence, but he really is a good friend and good company whether fishing or hunting. He is in my opinion one of the best woodsmen I have ever known, and I would really like to see him get more enthusiastic about hunting again. It would be great fun for him an me.

Anyone have to deal with this before? Any suggestions would help, but I think this is going to take something pretty innovative to snap him out of it.

Have you considered group therapy and camp hugs. Cowboy... are you by chance talking about yourself instead of some make believe fellow nimrod?? I do feel your pain and it's just killing me. LOL

I have been putting in for limited entry for 20 years.
I've never drawn more than a cow or doe.
But I've been on over 15 L.E. elk hunts because if I don't draw I
don't let that keep off the mountain. family,friends or aquantances draw every year I'v guided 10 guy's and never charged a dime.FORE ME IT'S ABUUT THE HUNT.NOT THE KILL.
So if I get a chance to help someone that means I'm hunting.
Three years ago I guided a kid that won a Carl Malone youth tag.
I get a real kick out of watching people shoot their first bull, in which is the case most of the people I've helped.
So tell your buddy to get out and hunt and help others an enjoy the HUNT.And he might find that good things will start happening.
I should also mention that I've made life long freinds along the way.Most whom said they will come help me when I do draw,I'm
not getting any younger so that will come in handy.

hornaddiction,

Wyoming is full of OTC tags. This guy is just complaining that he cant draw a LQ tag.

Cowboy,

Hang out here in July and listen to the residents whine on this site after they have struck out on the draws. I havent drawn a bull tag for four years now, no bellyaching from me. I can still get freezer meat with a cow tag, if I choose that cow tag can be a reduced price tag and I can still go buy an OTC bull tag. Those that whine are just beyond comprehension to me.

Mike
at235.gif

He's just out of wack with the universe.

He has to get back in touch with himself and the circle of creation and substance.

What he believes he will recieve.

Meditate, meditate, meditate uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm uuuuummmmmmmm

a few years ago a pal o' mine was throwin' a fit about not getting drawn. a fews days later his wife told me he forgot to apply. guess maybe he was really yellin' at hisself.

I am starting to think its some form of psychosis, and probably best for me to leave well enough alone.

I hoped he would at least draw something last year. It didnt help when I drew a migration hunt bull tag.

Ive even had him partner with me on tags, but he doesnt like my ideas on application areas.

I think I will let him stew in his juices. Its just too bad, because he really could be a good partner if he gets his mind right. Thanks anyway.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom