Help with Wasatch west archery deer tag

Congrats Isaac,
The fact you are out of state suggests you won't be hunting the entire season, unless of course you don't work!
The Wasatch is a huge unit so you need to narrow down where you want to hunt. Also the rut doesn't get going at all until after Labor Day, so if you are going to try calling in a bull you need to focus on the last few weeks. It's not as easy as TV shows might suggest.
Sitting a wallow is probably the most proven way to kill a bull but it's pretty boring if you ask me. Don't much like sitting in a tree for hours on end.
My son had that tag four years ago and hunted hard, finally taking a nice bull over water.
A guide would also greatly improve your odds.
Best of luck

LAST EDITED ON May-26-16 AT 08:00AM (MST)[p]Sorry,
I'm getting senile!:)
The deer unit is much smaller and most of it holds pretty decent archery deer hunting. I'm guessing the majority of resident hunters live in the unit, so scouting is not a problem for them. Because of that, the opening weekend will be very crowded but mid-week hunting will be better. The further you get away from roads the more you will have it to yourself. I don't think any area is particularly better than any other. The higher you go, the more likely you are to find bigger bucks, but that's not always the case. If you want to PM me with specific questions, I will try to help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom