HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

nfh

Long Time Member
I got a chance to get a deer mount. 75% of it will be paid for. I would be stupid to pass this deal up.

#1- 11 inch drop tine buck. Found his sheds for 3 years

#2- 12 inch brow tines

#3-last years buck

#4- some sheds I found. super thick with kickers

Thanks for your help on the PM. I replied back also.

In my opinion, I would rather have a deer mounted that I harvested, number 3. All are great antlers that would look nice on a mount tho, just something about a deer that you hunted and were able to take that gets my vote.

Mike

If you really wanted to mount any of them you would have paid full price and not thought about it. I'm only saying this because you asked I'd find a well deserving youth and let them use it on a first deer or other critter, but that's just me.

The 75% was a gift to me for helping a friend out. Since I didn't shoot any wall hangers this year I told him just to mount something of his. well he wants my deer/antlers to get mounted since he owes me..

I'd go with number 2 the 12" brow tine buck, I've got one mounted with 10" brow tines but not many 12" brow tines I've ever seen.

Its a tough choice. The first buck I have a great history with. I found one side to his sheds back in 2008. In 2009 I didn't find him. In 2010 I found his 2009 set "the picture I have" and 50 yards away my buddy found his other side back from 2008. This buck is beyond smart. This buck lives on a little island where the river goes around it. So this buck had feed and water and lived on basically 2 acres. the trails were covered all by his massive tracks. My buddy and were down the river trying to see if we could find this deer live and I crossed the creek and my buddy was walking on the island. The deer ran out to the edge of the island and got in a thick ditch of grass and circled back to where he got jumped and laid down. So he was a super smart buck.

It amazes me when I first found him he had white antlers with little strips of velvet and all his antlers were that way. but the year we couldn't find him my buddy found this dead buck. We took him home and met with the game warden so he could keep this book. We showed pictures to the game warden of the carcass. I Think someone shot him back during rifle season. No one horn hunts this area and this particular year there was foot prints everywhere but this little island where we found him dead.

Im not totally sure if it is the same buck. Cause his sheds were always white with some velvet strips and this buck was more brown. The bases are exactly the same. I got big hands and I can put my finger and thumb and they don't even meet each other. The antler configuration is the same. The sheds didn't have triple brow tines like the dead buck cause they were always busted off.

This dead head has a spread of 25 1/2 inches. he did gross 173.

This deer may be dead but his genes live on.. Last year I found a shed of a buck with huge bases and antler configuration but just a smaller buck. The taxidermist mounting my buddies buck his daughter shot a buck that scored 193 had triple brow tines also.. Last year I also found a dead buck that was in velvet he had triple brow tines and the same-o same-o look but just not wide. I just left the buck since it stunk so bad. Also all these bucks have no density in the antler. The are very light.

Sorry for the long post but I get a kick out stuff like this

Well I have made a choice. I am thinking about number for sure and his previous sheds I found. I can get metal rods in the antlers and have them set right for the mount.

Also I will get square metal rods in the 12 inch brow tine buck and get those adjusted for the mount. So it will be a 3 in 1

Some ATL of the buck.

The first year I ever found him. walked by him 3 times in one day. His other side was found 2 years later.

His drop tine set. Look close for the side with the drop tine

nfh!

You seem to be Hell on Capes!:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

I try Bessy. I was hard on my elk last year due to the grizzly bear visit.

And deer I have no excuse.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom