Hen?

khart

Killed this morning at 45 yds. Beard is ~ 7". I didn't get a weight, but my guess is 12-14#.--Kevin

48cd58134713bcb2.jpg

48cd5b1b217b4182.jpg

48cd5b4d2226c280.jpg

Congrats on a nice bird! Doesn't look like a Hen to me. Just a Jake with a nice beard. Feathers are too black for a Hen and you can see where the spurs were going to start coming out. Congrats again!

Travis

Looks like a bearded hen to me - full fan, thin beard, and nubs or no spurs. Actually bearded hens are more common than you think.

Looks like a bearded hen to me as well. As Todd said they are somewhat common, supposedly 1 in every 100 hens has a beard. You'd think people would notice this more often but they are often harvested by people who assume they are drakes. That's why the regs say bird with a visible beard or something along those lines. Pretty cool though.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom