HENERY MT. MGT BUCK

YukonDall

Long Time Member
HEY FELLAS, I HAVE 12 POINTS FOR UTAH DEER & THINKING ABOUT THE HENERYS MGT. BUCK HUNT. IS A MGT BUCK SIMPLY A BUCK LESS THAN A 4X4 BUCK.....OR DO OTHER RESTRICTIONS APPLY ???? ARE THERE OTHER HUNTS BESIDES THE BOOKS I SHOULD CONSIDER ??? THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT/TIME..........YD.

The management hunt means a buck must have 3 points on one side, could be a 3x4 or a 3x10 as long as one side has 3. What type of weapon are you comfortable with? And what kind of experience do you want on your hunt?

I saw a couple WHOPPER management bucks while on my hunt. I think the management tag on the Henries would be a fun hunt but a little bitter at the same time seeing the huge untouchables walking away.

I WILL BE HUNTING WITH A RIFLE, AND I HEAR SOME OF THE MGT. BUCKS ARE NEAR THE 30 INCH MARK/NICE BUCKS. WOULD THE QUALITY OF DEER BE THE SAME ON THE BOOKS.....VS THE HENRYS MGT. BUCK ?? I AM JUST LOOKING TO HAVE A FUN HUNT FOR A GOOD BUCK. WHICH HUNT WOULD YOU FELLAS OPT FOR.......THANKS AGAIN......YD.

Hi YD. One thing to consider if you want the tag this year is that 12 points took the one max points tag last year. Just one appllicant with 13 or more deciding to switch from points only or another hunt to the Henry management hunt throws you into the random pool. You pretty well know 12 will get the Books, there is less uncertainty with more tags and history...

OK, that's off topic a bit, hope you don't mind:)

Good luck whatever you choose!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-11 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p]Either hunt would be a lot of fun. One thing to think about..how many people get to hunt the Henry Mountains for deer these days? Not many. You will see some monster bucks and with the later dates should see some rutting activity. You will have to enjoy the really big bucks with a camera, but some really nice management bucks have been coming off of this hunt. I also have no doubt that management bucks you will be seeing will be bigger then the small 3 x 4's running all over the bookies.

Henry all the way. What better hunting trip then that. I would love to see all the huge bucks, even if I could not shot them, all well hunting for a great management buck.

Your chances of killing a bigger buck on the Henries in HUGE. The books are great for 160 class deer. I agree there are bigger deer on the books but I don't think you should even consider the books if you can get a Henries tag. management or not.

Another thing to think about is the henries management tag is the first of Nov. pre rut, could be a good opportunity!

You might check with a couple other guys on previous threads that were considering applying with 13+ points for this hunt. I have 14 and was going to but changed my mind cause I don't think it will be enough this year. That is if you are a NR.

THANKS GUYS......I DONT THINK 12 POINTS IS ENUFF, PLUS I WOULD BE HUNTING SOLO (NR), HUNT WITH A GROUP IN THE BOOKS IF DRAWN, PLUS A 5 DAY SEASON VS. A 9 DAY SEASON........SO I WILL APPLY TODAY......THANKS AGAIN.........YD.