Henry Mountain Sheep

jtshedhead

Ok fellas, my 76 year old grandpa cashed in his points for a tag in this unit. He felt he may be running out of time and he wanted a shot a fulfilling his dream of harvesting a ram. My grandpa, brothers and I have been studying maps and making calls since we found out he drew to try and gather as much info as possible. We know the Henry's a bit, but not the area that hold sheep. My grandfather is the type of guy that would help anybody in need. He taught us boys how to hunt and we owe him a great hunt. All we are asking for is some info. Pointers on where to begin. We have some info and plan on learning the are the best we can. I haven't mentioned a guide to him yet, but it may be an option. Any help would be great and I personally would be willing to pass on some info on the colorado side of things. I'm in grand junction and would be glad to trade some knowledge. Thanks in advance and good luck this season.

JT

I have hunted the unit numerous times. Including Guiding the first hunter to take a ram off the unit when it opened a few years ago. We had two hunters last year on the unit.
Pm sent

It sounds like you're getting some help from a couple posters.
Good.
I hope it turns out well for your grandpa.
Zeke

i hunted the unit in 2011. looked over a lot of rams and killed a very nice one. PM sent

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom