Henrys buffalo

S

shootinfool

A friend of mine has drawn the tag for the henrys that starts on Saturday. He has asked me to go with him and I was wondering if any of you have had any expierence down there. If so maybe you can give me some pointers of where we could glass to find these suckers. He has done some scouting but I would like any info to help if at all possible. Thanks for the help in advance.

Shootinfool-
Been there done that, PM me if ya want anymore help bro!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

its a tough hunt....hard to find the Buffalo but once you do you shoud be succesful

I'll PM ya when i get home tonight forkie, i have lot's to tell ya bro!! ;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

yea man, give me what you have got. I can use all the help that I can get. There is nothing worse than traveling 4 hours south one way, hunting your butt off and coming up empty handed. If you have some advise I would be all ears!

I got some good info for ya, but advise for now is.....recruit some friends to help take care of that beast when it hit's the ground, your going to need them!!;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I can give a little bit of help to if you want it send me a pm. Won't be around a computer for a week or so but I'd be happy to help.

Slamdunk,

The problem is, i'm part of the recruitment to help take care of it!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-07 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]Ok Mike, PM has been sent to your mailbox.
Grab something to snack on, it's pretty long and have your maps handy!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I think you better check your dates...I don't think any of the Henry hunts start until Nov 3....
My dad drew on of the extra Nov 17 permits they gave out so we are looking forward to a fun hunt...
Any info PM'd here would be appreciated also!!
Thanks and good luck..
Rick

Geeeez, i give out all my buff info and you'll all show up at the same spot and cuss me when you get back!!

Can i suggest Harmon's? They sell buffalo meat and there are hundreds of stores so you don't all run into each other!! ;-)

Kust kiddin rick, i can point you guys in the right way as well.
I'll PM ya in a bit.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

>Geeeez, i give out all my
>buff info and you'll all
>show up at the same
>spot and cuss me when
>you get back!!

That's some funny stuff! Looks like we might have a little MM convention down there. I'll be down there on the 17th as well helping my pops out. Thanks for the info SK.....it should be a fun hunt!(until he shoots one)

We better all get together and man handle those bulls when they hit the dirt... or at least have a fresh Bison BBQ....
Should be a fun hunt!

Sounds great to me Rick, i'll be waiting for you all back at camp with my bib on and fork in hand! hehehehe

Oh and if your lucky, the dutch oven peach cobbler should just about be finished when you guys get there. :)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Well looks like I am late on this post. I have hunted it quite a bit. Let me know if ya still need info. I have been on 4 hunts down there. Can be tough. My sons hunt took 15 days. Good luck we want to see pics and story. Rutnbuck

Just got back last weekend. My uncle and I both got one. I think we were the last one on the mountains. There was nothing down low. Although that might have changed. We looked at Steven's Mesa, Triantula Mesa and Cave Mesa. We ended up getting my Uncle's by Nasty Flat and mine above the Horn. There were a bout 300 head at Mudd sSpring but they were scared over Stanton Pass. They might be over by Cave Flat now. I would stay high for the opener. The deer their are incredible. Take lots of film and video.

No pics yet, just stories. We've been in on animals every day. My dad is having a hard time pulling the trigger.
He is too concerned about tipping a cow over and doesn't want a cow. Had some friends kill a monster and "got" to help with it but lots of help made quick work of a huge animal..
My dad has overdone it and so doesn't want to go back for a few days so things may get sticky now. Man, did we have some great opportunitys, but let them slip away...
Had them standing right in the middle of a road twice, and had them withing 100 yards of roads a few times.. Really Frustrating...

LAST EDITED ON Nov-27-07 AT 03:13PM (MST)[p]Our experience was similar to Ricks. The first 4 days we saw lots of buffalo and my dad passed some up 100 yards off the road. We saw one herd that had at least 50 in it. I watched a couple get shot. One right off the road and another through the spotting scope. We went home for Thanksgiving and went back over the weekend. It snowed while we were gone and we didn't even cut a track all day Saturday. Finally right before dark on Saturday night we found a herd and got within 200 yards, but we decided to back out and go after them on Sunday morning. Sunday morning we went back in and my dad dropped the hammer and ended up killing it 3/4 of a mile from the road. He shot it right after first light and we didn't end up getting it of the mountain until after dark. My back is still sore....they are some big critters!

I posted the pics and story in the Sheep, Goats, Moose, Antelope, etc. forum.

The last day and my dad finally smoked one! Just like him to wait till the freakin end before he gets serious!!!
I have just got the news, and have not seen it yet, but regardless he had a fun but tough hunt. He sounded excited and said it was a good big bull. Guess we'll see tomorrow!!!

Kind of bloody pics caution

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-07 AT 09:23PM (MST)[p]These are the only pics he got...kinda bloody as he was lunged...but pretty good bull.....

4759e4496f3ab88b.jpg

4759e4ab7152bc12.jpg

RE: Kind of bloody pics caution

Nice!! Glad to see and hear that it all worked out and he got a good bull. That big ole buffalo makes the wheeler look small. Congrats to your dad on a well deserved bull!

RE: Kind of bloody pics caution

Question, how in the hell did they get that buff on the quad?

How did they get that thing on the wheeler...

They took the winch and strung it over the top of the wheeler, and then hooked it to the buff and just rolled it up and onto the back of the bike... A couple of guys pushed and tugged and helped keep it from catching. I couldn't believe they got the big thing back to the truck in just two loads....

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom