Here are the 2023 proposed permit numbers.

They need To Start a Few 4 Point or Better/Minimum 30" Wide Units Up & Let Us Gamble!

But It'd Never Work!

The F'N Opportunists Would BAWL!
Why so 95% of the bucks would never be available to kill?

You old timers and your obsession with width cracks me up.

Regarding the DWR’s hate for 3 or 4 point or better hunting and their exaggerated claim of illegal kill and waste……… have you ever heard them or any other anti-antler restriction hunter complain about all the does and fawns that shot and left on the regulate buck hunt, by buck hunters who think they saw a spike or small fork horned antler on a doe/fawn, shot it and left it?

Why not?

Which is worse, from a purely “herd impact” the lose of a wasted buck or a wasted doe?

Why is it crickets when a doe is shot and left and a full blown DWR media campaign against antler restriction, when a buck is shot and left?

Someone explain that to me…….

Seeing these numbers is like looking into the past when the UDWR recommended changing the pheasant hunt from three days to 30 days when it became evident they had given up on the pheasant population.
Now it looks like they have given up on the deer population.

Seeing these numbers is like looking into the past when the UDWR recommended changing the pheasant hunt from three days to 30 days when it became evident they had given up on the pheasant population.
Now it looks like they have given up on the deer population.

74505109-50F9-43D1-8062-9EB80DCDA8EC.jpeg

In fact, I just got back from the Paunsaugunt. The weather was so poor and we had our non-refundable room reserved so we left the UTV's home and went looking at the deer up Johnson Canyon. By the looks of the deer around the foothills of Monroe Mountain in comparison with the Pauns. just maybe they should swap numbers of permits of these two units. Can't find many around the foothills of Monroe Mountain, but you sure can down there.

Lumpy, The sad part about it is there was nothing they could do about the pheasant population - - ie, no ditch banks, clean farming, government protecting ravens and magpies. Then there were the skunks and racoons on private cultivated lands.

Deer on the other hand are mainly just mis-managed. You get behind on the game of the base herds and just like football, it's hell catching up.

I Said a Few Units JakeH!

You Know,For Us Old Timers!:D

You Could Keep the Other 75% of The State/Units Open To PISSCUTTER Hunts as Per Current Management!

Then All The Young Punks Could Drool!:D

Why so 95% of the bucks would never be available to kill?

You old timers and your obsession with width cracks me up.

You Could Keep the Other 75% of The State/Units Open To PISSCUTTER Hunts as Per Current Management!

I know some units it wouldn't matter what you did you wouldn't have 30 inch bucks running around, or not many of them. But they can still grow some giants. I've seen some 22" bucks that made some 30"ers look like a PISSCUTTER bess.

But I'm sure there are units that the wide gene is more prevalent.

30"ERS are a Dieing Breed JakeH!

How Many Have You Seen in the Last 10 Years?

They've Been Rare For Many Decades But Not As Rare as They are Now!

No They Don't Need To Be 30" To be a Trophy!

But This Deer Herd Is In BIG Trouble!

A Couple Years Ago Guys Were Parading 16"-18" Bucks Around In The Book Cliffs Like They Were Some Kind Of GAWD-DAMNED Trophy!

SAD!

That’s the problem. The deer numbers spit out of the computer do not equal the deer number on the ground. Do you see as many deer as you did 10-15 years ago? I don’t. Not when I am out walking, not looking at the numbers on winter range or in the local fields or talking to others. The numbers are just not what they were, yet we keep hearing and reading all these deer rebounding articles.

But They Spit The Numbers Out & It Gives Most Hunters A Good Feeling I Guess?

It's FUBAR!

That’s the problem. The deer numbers spit out of the computer do not equal the deer number on the ground. Do you see as many deer as you did 10-15 years ago? I don’t. Not when I am out walking, not looking at the numbers on winter range or in the local fields or talking to others. The numbers are just not what they were, yet we keep hearing and reading all these deer rebounding articles.

Give out a tiny amount of tags on a few units to let people wait it out for a chance to hunt bigger bucks, and then have other units people can hunt more often? Novel idea bessy! You’ve just explained Utah. Congrats.

Like Middlefork stated, those are all CWMU bulls. I know of a few others found dead in NE Utah, but not near as many as found on the Henefer WMA.
That’s better news. But hopefully shed hunters don’t find a lot . Either way I would think they would cut some tags. I know a lot of elk winter off north slope to Wyoming. Hopefully it’s not that bad.

Hey Niller!

You'll Always Have That OPPORTUNITY for Your Next PISSCUTTER!

Give out a tiny amount of tags on a few units to let people wait it out for a chance to hunt bigger bucks, and then have other units people can hunt more often? Novel idea bessy! You’ve just explained Utah. Congrats.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom