Here they come...don't move!

Hat tricked once at the same time as my buddy. We both threw are guns in the air and caught them. Hasn’t happened since.

Hey Eel?

I Kinda remember A Story About You & Your QUACKER Hunting!

If I Remember Right You Don't Need To Many Bullets!:D

It's magical for sure. Three came in one day and I missed the first two shots and dropped all three on the third shot. That's 3 for 3 in my book. :)

I don't think goose hunting should be allowed during the migration. It's a GD slaughter-fest out there. Fish and game is just after more and more money. :)

What state is this in? Do you guys kill other subspecies? We used to get little Canadas by the tens of thousands in ND when I was a kid and now they don’t stop here anymore. I miss those little bastards

What state is this in? Do you guys kill other subspecies? We used to get little Canadas by the tens of thousands in ND when I was a kid and now they don’t stop here anymore. I miss those little bastards
In the dreaded woke State of California. See post #17 above.

Other than Black Brant we have very few other species of geese here. Some Canadas, mostly local birds but not in big numbers.

It's worth noting that back in the 60's and 70's the total population of Aleutian Geese was estimated to be about 800 birds and illegal to hunt. The Islands that they nest on were over run with foxes that the Russians planted for their fur. Once Fish and Game killed off the foxes the Aleutian geese came back strong.

In the dreaded woke State of California. See post #17 above.

Other than Black Brant we have very few other species of geese here. Some Canadas, mostly local birds but not in big numbers.

It's worth noting that back in the 60's and 70's the total population of Aleutian Geese was estimated to be about 800 birds and illegal to hunt. The Islands that they nest on were over run with foxes that the Russians planted for their fur. Once Fish and Game killed off the foxes the Aleutian geese came back strong.
Our F and G is great at removing non-native species so other species can prosper.....note the Catalina Island Buffalo Project....kill all the deer and pigs so the native Buffalo can survive. Wink wink....

I have never personally hunted geese, but I have killed a good number while duck hunting.
This thread made me reflect on my budget duck hunting days of carrying in bags of decoys on my back through the swamp to open water on the edge of the timber. Good times & great memories for sure. It would be a blast to do it again for old times sake. My old duck hunting buddy passed away 4 years ago, it just wouldn’t be the same without him.
Thanks for sharing eel.

Pulling out of my Stepdads place a couple of days ago.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/5b/11/297414A3-9030-449A-B18D-8934045417D6/MOV_1906.mov

I thought I had deleted that post above, guess not.
I’m having trouble getting the video to work. I’ll post some pictures here.
I never seen so many birds in one place,ever. Season closed on the 15th and they’ve been coming in like this since about the 16th,
Hardly seen a bird before that.
🤬

1712031309602.png

1712031434503.png

1712031556028.jpeg

I’ll keep trying on that video, it’s an amazing site.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom