Hey @SS!

nfh

Long Time Member
@SS! Better get your tickets. Need another 35 years to fund some pockets or I mean to keep saving the mule deer. Not sure what they do in park county to save the deer but I sure don't see it

Screenshot_20231011_145613_Facebook.jpg

$65 for dinner for one. CEO makes 190k a year. Many other officers over 100k. Many years ago, I believe they donated a fake buck to Game and Fish to use in the area.

How about a study on the effect of wolf and lion predation on the CF and Shoshone Herds?

just sayin…mh

$65 for dinner for one. CEO makes 190k a year. Many other officers over 100k. Many years ago, I believe they donated a fake buck to Game and Fish to use in the area.

How about a study on the effect of wolf and lion predation on the CF and Shoshone Herds?

just sayin…mh

I dont ever see these MDF guys at meetings either speaking up.

Name a "conservation" NGO that doesn't do this.
Wild Sheep Foundation, which this past year contributed $7+ million to wild sheep conservation, including in Wyoming.

The men and women who run WSF are true to their mission. They have done a great deal of good for wild sheep, and deserve our respect and admiration… and not put-downs from hard-core cynics who have nothing to contribute but criticism… and juvenile laughing emojis.

Last edited:
Wild Sheep Foundation, which this past year contributed $7+ million to wild sheep conservation, including in Wyoming.

The men and women who run WSF are true to their mission. They have done a great deal of good for wild sheep, and deserve our respect and admiration… and not put-downs from hard-core cynics who have nothing to contribute but criticism… and juvenile laughing emojis.
The same W$F uses wool from a known domestic sheep here in MT that has cause die offs in wild herds.

The same wild sheep foundation who transplanted wild sheep in Texas last year to a herd that is on private land only for the richest members to hunt. There is no public hunting allowed.

The list goes on with W$F…

The same W$F uses wool from a known domestic sheep here in MT that has cause die offs in wild herds.

The same wild sheep foundation who transplanted wild sheep in Texas last year to a herd that is on private land only for the richest members to hunt. There is no public hunting allowed.

All wild sheep transplants in Texas are conducted by Texas Parks and Wildlife, not Wild Sheep Foundation.

Since 97% of bighorn habitat in Texas is on private land, many transplants have been directed to private properties. Much of the public land in west Texas is in two national parks, Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains, which do not accept transplants, and do not allow hunting.

Several transplants have been conducted onto public wildlife management areas and state parks, but without the predator and exotics control (aoudads and feral burros) possible on private property, bighorn recruitment is much lower, allowing only limited, but available, public hunting. The desert bighorn application fee in Texas is only $100… and there is no discrimination against non-residents… so give it a try.

HT

All wild sheep transplants in Texas are conducted by Texas Parks and Wildlife, not Wild Sheep Foundation.

Since 97% of bighorn habitat in Texas is on private land, many transplants have been directed to private properties. Much of the public land in west Texas is in two national parks, Big Bend and Guadalupe Mountains, which do not accept transplants, and do not allow hunting.

Several transplants have been conducted onto public wildlife management areas and state parks, but without the predator and exotics control (aoudads and feral burros) possible on private property, bighorn recruitment is much lower, allowing only limited, but available, public hunting. The desert bighorn application fee in Texas is only $100… and there is no discrimination against non-residents… so give it a try.

HT
W$F donated money for that Texas herd with ZERO chance of the public getting a chance to hunt it. Playground for the rich.

Nice way to duck the duckworth wool W$F jackets topic.

Last edited:
W$F donated money for that Texas herd with ZERO chance of the public getting a chance to hunt it. Playground for the rich.

Nice way to duck the duckworth wool W$F jackets topic.

Classic look aid drinker
Yeah… but it was you who said the WSF transplanted wild sheep in Texas last year. Not true.

And I don’t know anything about your duckworth hard-on, but given your failure with the facts on the Texas transplant, I expect you’re full of it on this one too.

HT

Yeah… but it was you who said the WSF transplanted wild sheep in Texas last year. Not true.

And I don’t know anything about your duckworth hard-on, but given your failure with the facts on the Texas transplant, I expect you’re full of it on this one too.

HT
You seem to dig yourself a hole on every thread you post on. You should quit while you’re behind. Lol

No, I’m feeling good about this one.

You got any bad information you want to share.
You haven’t won a single argument on here yet, not that many are winnable, but still. Your goat field score is an instant classic on MM.

I feel like internet forums are much like driving. Once you get to a certain age, someone should take your keyboard away like your keys.

Participation on this Wyoming forum is way down over the past several years, both in numbers and quality of content. I expect the reason is many have been turned off by the broken-records who do nothing but gritch about Wyoming Game and Fish, NGO’s, private landowners, non-residents, the “rich”, etc., while never contributing anything useful or interesting.

And yes… that includes you.

HT
You’re reaching deep. Everyone knows transplants go through the game agencies. The helicopter time was paid for by W$F. So they technically did do the transplant. Helio time was billed out at 1500/hr.

I’m not saying W$F is bad or doesn’t help sheep but for you to try to use them as an example regarding the sidetracked discussion is pathetic at best.

You’re still sour from the guys calling you out on your pronghorn score. Even though I know it was high I just said congrats. So take your frustration out on someone else.

Heh… I’m not sour about that. I said my pronghorn would net-dry 80” to 81”, and I stand by that. We’ll see.

And thanks for the congrats.

No group is perfect, but the WSF does a hell of a lot more good than not.

Participation on this Wyoming forum is way down over the past several years, both in numbers and quality of content. I expect the reason is many have been turned off by the broken-records who do nothing but gritch about Wyoming Game and Fish, NGO’s, private landowners, non-residents, the “rich”, etc., while never contributing anything useful or interesting.

Participation on ALL forums is down. There are many other platforms like FB, Instagram reddit to compete. People only have so much time. The fraction of people not posting due to having their feelings hurt is minimal and not noteworthy.

I’m not trying to change your mind on W$F. And I’m not trying to hurt your feelings. If I’ve done either I’m sorry.

Hey sport, show me where I have complained one time on anything regarding Wyoming. You won’t find anything just like you never found 84” when you taped your goat.

Hey sport, show me where I have complained one time on anything regarding Wyoming. You won’t find anything just like you never found 84” when you taped your goat.
If you had my old eyes, you might have found 84” in the field too. Just give it a while.

But even in that first post, I said the final score would be lower. And after getting home, I recognized my field misread and adjusted downward. So the 84”… that’s just you trying to make something out of nothing. But keep it up… it’s good for a laugh.

And I didn’t mean to hijack a thread bashing the MDF. I don’t know those guys. I was just responding to a BS comment that lumped all NGOs in the same boat.

Say toad, what was that prestigious award you won for that sheep again? :ROFLMAO:

If you had my old eyes, you might have found 84” in the field too. Just give it a while.

But even in that first post, I said the final score would be lower. And after getting home, I recognized my field misread and adjusted downward. So the 84”… that’s just you trying to make something out of nothing. But keep it up… it’s good for a laugh.

And I didn’t mean to hijack a thread bashing the MDF. I don’t know those guys. I was just responding to a BS comment that lumped all NGOs in the same boat.
Again, show me where I complained about anything Wyoming like you said in your post.

So the foundation takes money from donors, keeps a cut, then "donates"?

What monies did the foundation create?

Had a funny similar experience with MDF when they asked me for a donation at an expo. They told me about a big project they just completed on a giant private ranch in northern Co. in a unit that is almost entirely private. I asked if I could hunt there, they laughed and said no, so I laughed and said good luck stealing money from someone else

I dont ever see these MDF guys at meetings either speaking up.
You will only see them at meeting if there is a habitat restoration on the agenda. They only focus and fund habitat, and will not (as a general principle of their mission statement) take a position on the animal aspects or the hunting aspects of mule deer or mule deer predators.

Other conservation groups do however take positions and attend meetings regarding predator control, States hunting strategies, etc. These groups are always is more hot water with the bureaucrats and the public than MDF for their positions, for or against…… and they have learned to ignore the complaints and just do their thing, as MDF does its thing.

High salaries are paid to successful fund raisers, unsuccessful fund raising Executivesdon’t last long. Most donors know about these salaries and believe the efforts they make are worth the donation.

Bureaucrats know these groups way better than any of us do and they have learned how to manipulate them, just like they manipulate the rest of us.

Don’t be pissed off at the conservation groups. If you have a bone to pick take it to the people who are responsible for the system.

Just saying.

You will only see them at meeting if there is a habitat restoration on the agenda. They only focus and fund habitat, and will not (as a general principle of their mission statement) take a position on the animal aspects or the hunting aspects of mule deer or mule deer predators.

Other conservation groups do however take positions and attend meetings regarding predator control, States hunting strategies, etc. These groups are always is more hot water with the bureaucrats and the public than MDF for their positions, for or against…… and they have learned to ignore the complaints and just do their thing, as MDF does its thing.

High salaries are paid to successful fund raisers, unsuccessful fund raising Executivesdon’t last long. Most donors know about these salaries and believe the efforts they make are worth the donation.

Bureaucrats know these groups way better than any of us do and they have learned how to manipulate them, just like they manipulate the rest of us.

Don’t be pissed off at the conservation groups. If you have a bone to pick take it to the people who are responsible for the system.

Just saying.
Very broad statement here that does not pertain to several groups that consider themselves "conservation" groups, but jump in the fray on other issues. The problem is they are all over the map when they do.

I went and read the mission statement. Basically anything mule deer from habitat to cwd basically conversation.

So why wouldn't a group want to be vocal at meetings?

Wasn't it last year game and fish was thinking on culling deer for cwd down south? That would be a vital meeting to help shut that down that non sense idea.

Meetings are a good chance to be vocal to help set hunting seasons, cut tags, don't shoot does, antler point restrictions just some of the few topics. Could even talk habitat. Hell we got some Chinese group wanting to buy some land on a main migration corridor . I won't deny most meetings their minds are made up but having a loud voice does get attention to some outdoorsman that have no clue when all they want to talk about it how come I don't draw a LQ tag but this guy does every year.

I have my best discussions on email and on the phone talks with the local biologist. Heck even sent him some pics of whitetails deep in elk and sheep country. I love hunting whitetails but I feel these whitetails have no buissness in this specific area.

Speaking of that migration corridor have you heard anymore on this @mightyhunter it has been pretty hush hush.

So why wouldn't a group want to be vocal at meetings?
Because better habitat is wanted by every donor and non-donor. No one ever finds fault with habitat improvement positions. Non-habitat issues have all kinds of issues that pitch hunters against hunter, anti-hunter against hunters, hunters against bureaucrats, bureaucrats against hunters etc etc. Anytime a conservation groups take a side on anything other than habitat……. a bunch of donors go south and don’t come back. By the time a group takes a side In controversial ten hunting issues, they pissed off all their donor and they out of business. Most organizations go to great lengths to avoid controversy for that reasons.

My observations anyway.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom