High country hunting

Muleyfanatic

Does anybody have any tips for me when I go hunting this fall? I'm going hunting by myself and am 15 years old. I have very good survival skills so don't tell me I'm too young or anything. I would like to get a decent buck this year because the last 2 years I have hunted very hard but in heavily pressured areas so I'm trying the high country this year. So if anybody has any tips for me that would be great! I am planning on going around sun valley. Also, If you have any pics of the deer up there that would be great too. Thanks!

Use the glass!! Take the mountain and weather seriously (been there done that...LOTS of times). Use your glass, don't get skylined....all the normal. AND DON'T MISS!

West of Sun Valley, the deer vacate the unit WAY early...no explanation....just fact.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

My advice, go with a freind. You never know what might happen. you hear all the time of people getting killed or hurt bad because of a fall or some weird accident. Sorry, don't want to sound like your mom, but I was a firefighter/emt for several years and know how fast accidents happen. JUST MY .02 WORTH.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-23-10 AT 09:06PM (MST)[p]Hey Brymoore, where are you? This young feller needs some advice on where to go. You said you see hundreds of deer and elk a day, it sure would be nice of you to tell him where!!!!

Shucks, one more hunter in your honey hole won't hurt!!

quit hunting so hard, get to a good look out where you can see lots of country as high as you can get and sit there for 3-4 days and you will see deer, keep your eyes behind the binos and not on your feet.

Where you at? I generaly like hunting by myself but am willing to take a youngster along..Pick up bow hunting if you can. I see by far more Deer during bow season then rifle. If i could just connect with them that is another story. I have nothing huge but a few little ones.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

I have a PSE about a 86 model shoots slow, dont have the money for an upgrade..brother shoots a mathews thats where i would go...most archery places here will let you shoot before you buy so you wont be stuck with something your gonna regret..

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

Hahaha I was right there with you a few years ago. Im 18 now and I hunted by myself near Sun Valley A LOT when I was in high school. Heres a few pics of deer i killed.

Deer2.jpg

Deer1.jpg

This area is not very good anymore in my opinion however, I now have better luck over near Idaho Falls.

I hunt up in 59..but we are gonna start checking out other spots..i killed my first gobbler today near swan valley.. cant wait maybe get out for bear...horn hunters were pounding hard i seen some nice antlers yesterday from some guys came over antler whores what we call them from wyoming

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom