Higher Price Special

WITUfan

With the cost of special tags going up substantially next year, how do you think this will affect draw odds?

I don’t think it will change much , those that are applying for special still will, and I know one guy I’ve been talking to said he will do it even though a hard pill to swallow!!

Odds will be all over the place year 1. Some regular odds will be better than special. It will settle after a year and be predictable. I think
overall, elk and top tier deer/antelope won’t change. Bottom tier deer and antelope odds will go up in special, its a lot to pay for a run of the mill hunt.

I'll continue to apply but not in the special. When I started traveling out west to CO in the 80sI paid $150 for a deer tag and $250 for elk. Drive out with a couple friends split the cost of gas and camp. Whole hunt cost me less than $1000.
True, but $150 back in the 80’s is equal to about $500 now. And that isn’t an exaggeration either. The amount a journeyman electrician made back in the 80’s was around $500 per week. Today it’s right at $1700 per week just saying.

True, but $150 back in the 80’s is equal to about $500 now. And that isn’t an exaggeration either. The amount a journeyman electrician made back in the 80’s was around $500 per week. Today it’s right at $1700 per week just saying.
I agree but the tag is not 500, it is close to 2,000 for elk.

Demand will never go away 1230 NR with MAX deer points.. might fluctuate a bit, but nothing ever decreases anymore, EXCEPT mericas cogitative abilities …..

Whats really going to be tough is in three to four years. That is when all of the fawns from last year (and they all pretty much died in the hard hit areas), should be the 3 and 4 point bucks that are normally harvested each year. I would rather draw a buck tag this year after the hard winter than to burn your points in two to four years from now. But Im sure there was some decent winter kill for mature bucks also but the fawns take it the hardest.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom