Highlight set from this season!

ElkSniper

Very Active Member
Its getting tougher to find sheds these days with the high competition but put in the time and miles and finally found a good one! Needle in the haystack set.

3610imgp1063copy.jpg

2919imgp1061.jpg

8253imgp1065.jpg

Nice set. You're right about it getting tougher and tougher...BUT: Last year, I only found ONE elk shed all year, mostly because the areas I was hunting had mostly deer sheds. This year, a friend tipped me to where he had seen elk crossing the highway. It's a pretty popular area and easily accessible by ATV. I've been going out and pushing waaay back in really thick country, beyond what I'm guessing is the extent of where the ATV's have pushed. I've found 3 nice sets, 4 small "brownies", a half dozen hard "whites"...and a nice 5x4 brown mule deer set. Your ATL pic and this nice set makes up for ALL the frustrations of treks where you turn up nothing, in my opinion. Hope you find a bunch more. Antler hunting, ALWAYS an adventure!

Thanks guys!

As far as miles logged this spring it's hard to tell... I do A Lot of turkey hunting and luck into some sheds but the days that I use to find a lot while turkey hunting are gone! None the less it's great just to get out and chase a few gobblers for a month and luck into some sheds!

Very true NVpete! Makes it all worth it! Thanks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom