Highway 50

Repairing the rockslides , will be open later when repaired take Co 92 ,closed between MP123 and 127 MP only
No they are not "repairing the rockslides" whatever that means.

They closed it for potential rockslide danger and unsuitable road conditions.

Obviously it will open later. The question is when is later.

That project has been a massive flail, it killed a man, is way overdue and is now stalled with no opening. It was supposed to be done by now.

If you lived around here youd know what a pain in the ass its been for a lot of people.

Doesnt seem like much is getting done in there and now its a tough season to mitigate potential rockslides.

No they are not "repairing the rockslides" whatever that means.

They closed it for potential rockslide danger and unsuitable road conditions.

Obviously it will open later. The question is when is later.

That project has been a massive flail, it killed a man, is way overdue and is now stalled with no opening. It was supposed to be done by now.

If you lived around here youd know what a pain in the ass its been for a lot of people.

Doesnt seem like much is getting done in there and now its a tough season to mitigate potential rockslides.
???? drive around Karen.

I’m glad I’m not the guy people are mad at anymore.

I love a good contract dispute; I’ll have to ask around a bit to see what’s up. CDOT is a VERY difficult agency.

And you shouldn’t be building roads this time of year either.

There is a website....

But, it is open in the day time...according to what I heard on the radio, and closed at night. That was a day or two ago. You can go around the backside. You cross the Gunni at the dam, and come out at Hotchkiss.

Depending on your destination, you can go N outa Gunnison, and then go W at Crusty-Butte, and come out N of Paonia...about 25 miles of dirt road. They drive schoolbuses over the road...the small type, that carry a softball team. I won't name the teams

Sign up to get the text alerts. That seems to be the best way to know what is going on.
50 was closed coming and going for us last week. As dry said- Thursday night was sketchy, a 20-25mph drive on 92.....
The Hwy 50 project seems to be a waste of time and money, while creating more issues than they hope to solve.

There is a website....

But, it is open in the day time...according to what I heard on the radio, and closed at night. That was a day or two ago. You can go around the backside. You cross the Gunni at the dam, and come out at Hotchkiss.

Depending on your destination, you can go N outa Gunnison, and then go W at Crusty-Butte, and come out N of Paonia...about 25 miles of dirt road. They drive schoolbuses over the road...the small type, that carry a softball team. I won't name the teams
Is that route open this time of year? There's no other way around that closed portion except to cross the dam right?

Is that route open this time of year? There's no other way around that closed portion except to cross the dam right?
Keebler Pass might still be passable but not for long. I sure wouldn’t try dragging a trailer over it. This coming storm might close it for the winter.

Dang it, Auto correct changed the spelling but is Kebler Pass. Black Mesa from Blue Mesa Dam to Crawford is a decent alternative.

We tried to go from Gunnison to Montrose last Saturday because the website said it was open on the weekend but we were stopped by an angry road worker. He said the road is closed and the website is wrong.

I just went through it. One lane alternating tonight. 30 minute wait then a long pilot car through the mess. It was a bit sketchy in the storm

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom