Hikers Attack Mtn Lion in Cali...

Where is Eelgrass, this is his neck of the woods. What a crock of BS printed here, the humans were doing what they have probably seen printed a lot in order to save their own lives if attack. Another bagel eating "forest ranger".

Like to see what would be printed if "he" was the victim of just taking a walk and encourtered the Lion.

Brian

Poor mountain lion! I am so glad he was able to survive! What a courageous story of survival - an example we should all follow! Those people probably needed to be removed from the gene pool anyway and those kids will be just fine growing up without a mother and a now permanently brain-damaged father. Things like that are good for young humans. Builds character!

Do you think we should tell Kilowatt what "The Onion" is?

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

"A manner of writing that mixes a critical attitude with wit and humor in an effort to improve mankind and human institutions. Ridicule, irony, exaggeration, and several other techniques are almost always present." -Satire

BOHNTR )))---------->

whats this state coming too , I cant believe this ,something needs to be done and not with just the lion. we need to banned together like the libs do.

live to hunt hunt to live.

You know...they say that people often write their true feelings when they're joking. The real message behind this satire actually sickens me.

That's exactly how some of these "enlightened" weirdos see the world. I don't know whether to feel sorry for them or grab them and shake them.

Eel

ROY,

Guess I am not into surfing the net for all of these weird sites.
Never heard of it and don't care to either.

Brian

No worries Brian - "The Onion" is a college thing. They give out free copies of it here on campus. I actually read this article in the print version this morning. It is a good read while waiting for the bus or other wasted time situations (i.e. the bathroom). Some of the stuff is just stupid and some of it is outright funny.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Wow, some of you guys need to lighten up!! I found this pretty funny, pretty sure it wasnt a tree-hugging hippy that wrote this article, it was probably a bored college kid that thought up one day "I wonder what a cougar thinks like" and decided to write a funny story. Pretty sure this writer isn't messed up in the head....just bored.

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never make it

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-08 AT 10:13AM (MST)[p]that seems sooooo far out there that its fake? at least i hope it isnt true

ah ha i posted before i read you guys other responses yep sure seemed fake,,,

Yes it is fake Me and Eel live in Eureka and no such event ever took place.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

The Onion is an American "fake news" organization. It features satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news as well as an entertainment newspaper and website known as The A.V. Club. It claims a national print circulation of 690,000[1] and says 61 percent of its web site readers are between 18 and 44 years old per the 2008 media kit.

The Onion's articles comment on current events, both real and imagined. It parodies traditional newspaper features, such as editorials, man-on-the-street interviews, and stock quotes, as well as traditional newspaper layout and AP-style editorial voice. Much of its humor depends on presenting everyday events as newsworthy items, and by playing off of commonly used phrases, as in the headline "Drugs Win Drugs War."

This thread confirms for me what I long expected. Many on this site lack even the basic internal tools necessary for them to have a sense of humor.

I thought the article was genius, as the Onion often is. It's not liberal gobbedy-goosh, they make fun of everything from every angle. This (extremely satirical) article just points out how everything you read now-a-days has some kind slant written into it and how ALL of it should be dismissed as BS (regardless of which side of the politics it's slanted from)

?Outnumbered four to one, the cougar, fearing for its life, somehow managed to stay calm. It remained perfectly still in a crouched position and stared directly at the hikers, in the hopes that they would simply pass by. The hikers, however, were undeterred. They began shrieking loudly, clapping their hands, and throwing sticks and rocks at the animal in an apparent attempt to injure it.? Classic.

Try watching some of the Onion videos- they're hilarious.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom