Hog Huntin New Mexico?

N

NMHuntaholic

I would like to hunt hogs. I have never hunted hogs, but it feels like it time to start. I don't want to drive too far. Is there any good hog hunting in New Mexico? Can I hunt hogs withing 5 hours drive of Albuquerque? If so where? Does the hunting get better if I go futher into Texas? Oklahoma? Arizona... ? Where and how far? Thanks for the help.

Texas

There are hogs in NM but not many. Sacramento Moutains have the only ferral hogs I know of.

Public land for hogs anywhere is normally gonna be low percentage stuff.

If you want to go on a hog hunt with reasonable opportunity I would think private land in TX. I hear some of those hunts are pretty reasonable.

we have a pretty good number of hogs down in the boot heel of NM on aprivate land hunt, if you are interested. Saw a huge boar this weekend while scouting the rut.

Pecos river from Ft sumner south but beware during warm months snattle rakes bigger than your leg and the hogs are nasty big too heavy cover along remote portions of the river too.

My brother and I encountered a massive boar a few years back down below Rodeo while bow hunting the late rut hunt. Rancher down there says they do have some, and they tear things up pretty bad. Good luck.

Thank you all for replying. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I saw some good size hogs in the Animas area a few weeks ago. How about the Lubic TX area?

try loking around tatum, and bronco we just went this past weekend and killed a couple good ones. try to find a farmer that has some feilds that seems to be the only place we can find them on a regular basis. farmers hate them so pretty easy to get permision.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom