Hog Hunting on the Virgin River

roperlt

I'm always looking for an excuse to hunt something and I was told the hog hunting was picking back up on the Virgin River around Littlefield, Az and Mesquite, Nv. Anybody know if that is true or not???

Later, L.T.

You could probably find quite a few hogs at the Virgin River in Mesquite. Look around the buffet line first, then make your way through the slots.

Hey LT....If you end up going....I want to come with ya!! I am looking to get a little winter hunting on!

I have heard those same rumors. How do we go about doing it?

I know theres a high fence boar hunt down there, never heard of any wil ones though

Ya they are in there pretty good. I know some guys that baited them regularly and even put out corn feeders by littlefield. They are pretty spooky and mostly nocturnal. I saw a lot of trail camera photos of them at the bait stations. They had them patterned pretty well. There's enough in there now that they'll probably never get rid of them. I've been told they are found clear down to lake Mead but don't know if that's true or not.

Send me a PM if you are interested in what I have done in the past. I haven't killed more than 3 in one day, but it is still fun to go down there.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

I actually live in Mesquite. I have heard of the hogs along the vrigin river! but have never yet ventured into the thick riverbottom.

a guy i know who hunts lions in stg said. a guy chases them with dogs once in a while. When playin paintball near beaver dam, a guys was packin a boonie knife, when i asked him why? he said he got attacked by a hog one day while playin paintball.

Somewhere along the river theres gotta be some hogs runnin around, if anyone has any luck findin any let me know.

This topic comes up about every other month.

If there are pigs down there or if you have killed one or 3 let see the pics.

They are there a guy i know killed a 700 pound brute it took 4 3006 rounds and 6 44 mag rounds to kill it havent seen him on in a while nails33 show us your pics.I've been down and never seen a pig but pig sign all over the place even baited them with 100 pounds of grain and all the bad produce albertsons would give us about 400 pounds worth all night for a week with spotlights and pig distress calls nothing but deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom