Hog Hunting?

IDBoneCollector

I may be comming down to your neck of the woods around January to work in the almond groves, i thought i remember someone tellin me one that there are a large amount of wild hogs in ur state and i was curious if this is true and if so is there a season on them if i do go down there for a few months i would like to look in to doing some hunting if i get some free time.

no season and you can shoot as many as you can afford tags, what part of the state are you going to be in.

Just shot this ol bad boy on Saturday!

In case you need to get fired up!

1116babypig.jpg

schmalie79 cool lookin pig. I have never hunted pigs before they very easy to come by down there i just thought it would be alot of fun if i get a min down there. I think i will be somewhere around modesto aint real sure yet. they worth a damn to eat?

Good looking hog there!

ID- Pigs are very fun to hunt. Not to sure of many places around modesto. Probably the best hog hunting is on the Central Coast in Monterey county. You can find some great guided hunts as most pigs in CA are on private land. I might be able to help you out a bit. As for eating the smaller 100-150lbs pigs are far better eating.

I'm just south of modesto...about 15min. Theres hogs within an hour, but none here in the valley itself. We farm almonds "orchards" not "groves", most of the pruning is done by then. What in the hell you comin here for? :)

I can hook you up with a guide buddy of mine, pretty much a guarantee, but it'll cost 2-300 bucks. Other than that theres a few public land spots within an hour but they suck. Let me know.....Duck hunting will be kickin azz in Jan.....if your interested in that, your welcome in my boat.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

"Hardway" Might have a job with local bee keeper who takes their bees down there to winter them like i said i shoul know for sure if i have a job with them by friday i hope, i know we will be working some long hours so i aint real sure how much free time i might have but i will keep in touch if i end up there thanks for the info

Cool, If you talk to him find out where he's putting his hives. I know most of the farmers around here, hell if its up in the foothills in a few certain areas the ranch itself may hold some hogs.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom