Home Depot Saga

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Still fighting to get the cabinets finished.We finally had the countertop guy show up a couple weeks ago. He left 2 gaps on backsplash . Then the cabinet installer hasn't showed up to finish trim but they say he will on Sept 12 or 14th. I don't want the pot smoking countertop guy back but want it done right.
Headquarters Customer Care hasn't called me back after multiple calls to them. I'm done forever with them. Other than that we are moved in and the hard work I out in one the house for 3 months paid off. We sold our other home in 2 days also.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-16 AT 04:52PM (MST)[p]That's Home Depot for you hate their stores. Had a run in with the Mgr. here at a new store about 12 years ago and that POS would not talked to me so I yelled at him, and people around me was asking what is the problem. Said they the store would not honor their 30 day policy and walks away.

I drive about 6 miles to another hardware store and pay a bit more in cost but damn if I will give them aholes any of my money ever again.

And then just earlier this week I get a letter informing me from SEARS that if I don't use my card by end of 2016 they will close out my account.....go for it then, only thing I have ever bought there were Craftsman tools and now they are not as good as they use to be.

Getting old and grumpy and don't give a chit.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I know what you mean Kilo. I would not be surprised if Sears go out of business like Montgomery Wards did a few years ago. Service at our Home Depot sucks most of the time, and Lowes is putting a dent into their business.

RELH

Kilowatt, go to Sears and buy a quart of lawn mower oil or a spark plug and put it on your card.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-16 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]Eel....that would frost their arse's but I could care less. RELH....I do like Lowes and it is about 8 miles south of here and great service besides.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

>Any suggestions on what to do
>?

I haven't seen your job site but if the back splash gap isn't too big you can fix that yourself. Use a silicone filler or some type of filler and backing depending on how bad it is.

Or if the counter top or back splash is removable, you can scribe it and cut/sand to fit yourself (depending how bad it is, be careful if the sink cut out is already done.)

As far as the cabinet trim, if he doesn't show up, you may have to buy (google "cabinet trim") or make your own trim. Matching the existing stain would be the hardest part. If the cabinets were made and installed correctly all you should need is some crown molding and a few straight flat pieces.

It sounds easy to me because I used to be a licensed cabinet maker.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-16 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/7957920160905081619.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-16 AT 10:42AM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2016/76220160905081624.jpg
This one you can see where he was way off on my window ledge, a division then where the window trim is vertical he misses it by 1/4" and the window ledge is more than 1/3 ".
Mardell Fresh is his name from Blackfoot Idaho. Premier Construction contracts all these guys for the Home Depot. I've never bought cabinets in my life but it's a learning curve.

410120160905081926.jpg

That Guy doesn't Know WTF He's Doing!

Gouge the Formica for the Back Splash?

JUDAS!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Hey DM?

You're gonna need a Case of Silicone!

When You're Done!

You can Call them Cabinets Pam Anderson!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Ouch! The counter top guy must have been smoking weed is right. He should have started over. Unacceptable. I would call him up and tell him to fix it or you will file a complaint with the contractor's board.

You can't hang a picture to cover it. :D:D

Kilo do not bother to renew your Sears credit card. There is a news article on Fox news that Sears and K-Mart are in danger of going under due to poor sales for the past year.

RELH

If I left a job like that, I would be shot!
To bad your states Contractor's Board is not like California's, they would be all over them like flies on dog chit.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom