Hope we're not in for another killer winter...............

GSJ

Thats exactly what we DO NOT need right now.

Not looking to friendly out there.........

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

I know. I am in N. Utah and I am worried. We got 14" of snow in the last 36 hours alone.

Grizzly

>Do ya suppose f&g will back
>off on otc deer tags
>if we do have a
>big winter die-off?

Ahh... I am assuming you already know the answer to that one(NO!).

And GSJ I hope we are not either, but I thought you were the one always telling us that the herds are doing great in Idaho and that anyone who thinks different is just not hunting hard enough?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-10 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]>>Do ya suppose f&g will back
>>off on otc deer tags
>>if we do have a
>>big winter die-off?
>
>Ahh... I am assuming you already
>know the answer to that
>one(NO!).
>
>And GSJ I hope we are
>not either, but I thought
>you were the one always
>telling us that the herds
>are doing great in Idaho
>and that anyone who thinks
>different is just not hunting
>hard enough?

Once again not worth the trouble. You guys see it your way, I see it mine. Eventually your side will get it's way...hopefully I'm all done by then.

At least we agree on the winters.

BTW, I had a fabulous season. Really encouraged with the numbers I saw in south central Idaho. Particularly elk. How'd yours go?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-10 AT 09:37PM (MST)[p]>Moosey69 +1, Gem State Joke 0
>

Nevermind not worth the E-squabble.

Deer numbers still piss poor, but my 12 yr old got his spike bull opening day and shot a nice basket rack 5x6 buck opening morning!

While I did see a pretty good number of elk in Idaho, I didn't find anything I was interested in shooting, I did help a couple of friends get theirs. Haven't bought an Idaho deer tag yet, may try a whitetail archery hunt.

In Montana we had alot fun, archery hunt was a blast!!! Only saw 1 bull I was interested in but he was big enough to keep the juices flowing for a couple weeks, couldn't find him during the rifle hunt, to many hunters! Didn't see any deer to get excited about.

Utah was as good as usual!

Yeah it probably isn't worth trading insults over at this time, although it would be fun! A tough winter would suck in many different ways. Glad to hear you had a good time!!!!

You should definitely go after whitetails. Hunting was fantastic this year. Been staying off the trigger for mulies in Idaho and putting a hurt on the whiteys for several years now. They're abundant in quite a few locales in Idaho.

I have access to a couple thousand acres of river bottom, never hunted it before, if nothing else maybe I may check it out for next year when I have more time.

Just got back from helping a 1st timer get himself a cow elk this morning, hell sometimes I have more fun doing that than hunting myself!!

No I think you have me confused with someone else. But I did arrow a nice 27" 4X4 down around there this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom