Hoping for help on Elk unit 35

chipc

Very Active Member
I know its pretty early but I'm researching units for my daughters Elk hunt next fall. She'll have 7 PP and I was hoping to take her on a decent DIY public land hunt. It'll probably be a long time before she gets to go again and we aren't looking for Booners. A chance at any legal bull would be great. We are in good shape and can hike. I'm no expert but I've Elk hunted many times so I know the routine. Unit 35 is appealing for several reasons and I was hoping that you guys would be kind enough to help out with some info on the unit - terrain and access, elk numbers, hunting pressure, areas to focus on, etc... Is the hunt worth 7 PP ? Again, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you wish. THANKS !! Chip

We just took our boys on a type 9 tag to area 40. The rut is late every year it seems, and I wish we did the type one tag and picked a different area. At least then if you strike out you can come back with a rifle. I don't know much about 35, but did a little research on it.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom