Horn growth

Checked one of my cameras today, don't know it this the same Bull or not... Pics are 3 weeks apart, but the horn growth looks pitiful....

3924summer_2013_002.jpg

9416summer_2013_005.jpg

N S I'm a serous 16 b wilderness hunter. And sad to say I'm very disappointed at what I've been seen out there. I have 25 trail cams on every waterhole that I know and just a few piss heads and not a lot of elk at all. I pretty sure they all went north to A WTF.
All u people from up north should stay in 52

Bulls I have seen, seem to be growing just fine and healthy as well.
Age class seems more of the problem.

I saw some good ones this last weekend. It was hot and they were hanging around some man made water sources, but otherwise their growth looked pretty good for June.

Bulls all bucks are doing fine!! I have not seen anything that looks odd or to be worried about! I have seen some 330"s up and good bucks as well! Our bulls always seam to find the water and feed and grow!

4134image.jpg

5407image.jpg

Some decent bulls only had the camera up a week and then glassed the other one up

>N S I'm a serous 16
>b wilderness hunter. And sad
>to say I'm very disappointed
>at what I've been seen
>out there. I have 25
>trail cams on every waterhole
>that I know and just
>a few piss heads and
>not a lot of elk
>at all. I pretty sure
>they all went north to
>A WTF.
>All u people from up north
>should stay in 52

There's no water or grass in A right now, but there's water in B in the rivers. Take a guess where most of the elk are. I'm sure that this rain is helping out though...I've got an A tag, so I'm hoping the grass starts growing and the tanks start filling up.

I took a drive from ABQ to Silver City, then Silver to Reserve and up to Quemado. Things didn't look near as bad as I expected. The west side of of 16A south of Reserve looked okay considering, as did much of 15. The areas that were really dry showed signs of recent rains, so things should be looking up. Saw a lot of elk, and for almost every cow, saw a calf to go with it. Saw a couple of nice bulls, but only managed a pic of this one.

Elk1_zps5d6a945e.jpg

Elk2_zps426c9d6f.jpg

Was up in 16d this weekend,very few elk. It has been raining puddles Were everywhere. It's starting to green up good.new grass is about 2in high. That tells me it started to rain about two to 3 weeks ago. My guess is the elk are by the river or by springs in those big canyons. I was by John kerr and Collins park in16. The bulls that I did see had good horn growth. It was hit and miss on waterholes some had water and some didn't. If its keeps raining the elk will start to move in keeping my fingers crossed. The domestic cows that were up there didn't look good at all. All bones, I'm sure those ranchers are stressing for rain more than us hunters.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom