Hot and wet

nmyotebuster

Get your minds out of the gutters..... :)

Went out this weekend as I had a little bit of down time from work, and man was it brutal.

I hunted down in 16C for Muleys, and in 2 days of hunting covered ~20 miles according to my GPS. And NO it wasn't on a 4wheeler.

If it wasn't 90+ degrees it was pouring rain. So the idea of sitting water meant nothing since it was standing most anywhere anyway.

Saw some great country, but couldn't find hide nor hair of a buck. Saw a little elk sign, but nothing all that fresh.

But man did I hear some bugling!!! Though it always seemed to be book-ended by slamming of truck doors.

Do folks really think jumping out of their truck, slamming the door, bugling, then jumping back in works?

Had a great time, saw some new country, and will be back out in 2 more weeks if it cools a bit. If not I will use these trips to narrow my area for January.

Congrats to those who have already filled, and good luck to those still going after 'em

NMYB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

Cody,

I did on the way in and the way out. I must have just been there at the wrong time. It didn't help that it was raining both times.

I wil make it a point to hit them harder the next outing, in 2 weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teach your kids to hunt now, and you won't have to hunt for them later.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom