How bad is the snow in unit 39

S

SilenceBreaker

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how bad the snow is in 39 this year. I know its been snowing up there but I just haven't heard how bad. How does it compare to previous years.

ive lived here for only 10 years and its definately the most since then. everyone says that its barely above normal and that years ago it wasnt uncommon for it to snow like this.

in the foot hills right around boise where the deer are its probably 3-4 feet.

travis

Thats not good at all. That will surely affect the deer herd and probely for the next few years. My sister lives in Boise and just sent me a picture of her front yard. It looks like about 2+ ft of snow.

I live near Grimes Creek. We had 5 foot on the ground last Sunday. We've received another foot of snow since then.

The deer have been pushed down to around Lucky Peak and below. The elk I've seen are all south of the big bridge at Arrowrock. I haven't seen any Elk in the past two weeks but my wife saw a herd at Lucky Peak last night.

If the snow continues, they'll all push into Boise soon.

About halfway between Boise and Mountain Home there are about 500 head of elk right by the freeway.

I must correct myself on what I said about my sister in Boise having 2+ FT. She sent me a picture that she took from her cell phone of her front lawn and looked like there was that much snow. I talked with her on the phone later and she said it was about 10 inches to a foot. Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom