How did you do?

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
How did you all do? I got my 101 bow tag and my 072 cow elk tag. 5 NV tags for us this year.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

looks like im hunting bulls in 72-74 rifle hunt. hey elkohunter, did you draw the early or late cow hunt? i live in idaho, so at least im close. Larry

Pulled a big goose egg. Had a good chance at antelope. Must have just missed me in the draw. Got points away.

Good luck to everyone else.

LAST EDITED ON May-29-09 AT 08:51PM (MST)[p]>I drew 22 early deer. Cant
>wait for October. Congrats to
>all who were successful.
mlycrzy I also drew 221-223E but I have never hunted it, have you? I know someone who drew the late last year and my buddy that I drew with also knows somebody who hunted their a few years back but later than the Oct.20 end date. Just wondering how hard they are to find in that area that time of year. We plan on scouting around in late Aug or Sept and figued we would have to look high. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on a sweet tag! We have taken some great bucks on these units over the years. I drew the same units in 07 and killed a good heavy buck. Send me a PM and I will try to help.

Well NV finally graced us with deer tag. We pulled 111E now the work starts. Only hnted NV 1 time and that was 011 antelope for dad. Any and all sugestions, help, PMs or chairity info would be much appreciated.

Everyhting ive come up with says go high, then a little higher in the to say the least nasty terrain. Got the glass, gun just need to motivate my 68yo dad for some billygoat imitation hiking. Can you say HELP!!!!!

Good luck to all in the draws.

Mike

mdbrown
I got the archery cow elk tag in 072.

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I drew area 6 for the first time. Now I need to get busy and figure out which unit or units to hunt in.

Our streak was broken this year among myself and boys but thats ok. Nothing for us. Will have 14 points for Elk next year. Check out the Marques brothers who guide out of Ely. They have a big family but pulled 15 tags among them.

Drew first choice...081. Very much looking forward to this hunt. I have only driven thru the area so anyone out there that wouldnt mind passing along a little info, anything from where might be a good area, to good places to put up camp with a 36' 5th wheel, i sure would appreciate it. Hopeing for some snow to start the migration, just not so much a guy can't get around a little. pm me if you would like

Big goose egg for the third year in a row......0 for 7...... 3 years in a row make 0 for 21. Luck has to turn one of these days!

Moosey69 and 300MIKE, Would you guys keep your eyes peeled for a big ole stinky bull for me?? I drew the muzzy season which begins the day your season ends, sooooo??

And I'm gonna be scouting it mid-Sept so I'll share any info on what I see prior to your hunt. Not sure which unit I'm gonna focus on yet.

I just pulled my first Nevada tag after moving here 3 years ago from the midwest: antelope 021 any weapon.

I'm so fired up I can hardly stand it. Now I have to figure out how to hunt from something other than a treestand.

I would obviously appreciate any suggestions on chasing speed goats or on the area I will be hunting.

Hello fellow outdoorsman Im new to this all the forums. I drew 101 muzzy. good luck guys and gals.

drew my last choice on lopes 011. Anyone that wants to give anything up on it pms are always welcome.

I think I was black listed for deer.

OK I'll fess up, I got drawn for a 171 muzzelloader tag and it looks like a back pack hunt for me which should be a lot of fun.Congrats to everyone that got drawn fore something.

I DREW A EARLY ELY BULL TAG AND A SHORTER THAN EAR ANTELOPE.
GIRL FRIEND (TWISTED ANTLER) DREW AN EARLY 6 DEER TAG AND A SE UTAH DEER.
SON DREW A MUZZY 10 DEER AND A SHORTER THAN EAR ANTELOPE.

Califelk I will PM you with my number. Ill be happy to pass along any and all I come up with.

DMC I have been to 011 for lopes Ill dig out the maps and pass along what I know, some BIG goats roaming that desolate part of the world.

Mike

i have hunted 111 many times. can tell you where to find the timberline bucks. Dale 3035885638. killed a b.c. there in 97

LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-09 AT 12:42PM (MST)[p]My son got area 6 JR tag, I got area 6 early rifle and I also got a area 11 early rifle bull elk tag

I AM STOKED!!!!!

Just received an email from my ex girlfriend, her mom and her both drew mulie in 6 and asked me if I wanted to go hunting, looks like I be out there, but wont be able to kill, oh well next year

Got the big zero. I'm still looking for that elusive desert bighorn tag!
Bryan

051 Archery Mule Deer
032 034 035 rifle antelope.

Its going to be a busy next few months. thanks god bass tournaments are over for now.

071 (ect) Late.
078 Speedsters.
Gonna be a busy summer and Wyoming and Idaho aint hit yet.

111-113 Archery Mule Deer!

Scouting during the 4th of July and hoping all the rain is making for good antler grub!

Ed
4a40ff835ce2da6b.jpg

www.huntpacks.com

Drew 203 deer. I live in this area. Most of it is private land. Anyone have any suggestions on place to hunt? Thanks

Bigbull1

Thanks for the info. Is Black Peak the same as Black Mountain? I moved here from Eastern California about 3 years ago and this is the first time I have been drawn in Nevada. Great state. I will be hunting in Wyoming, area 101 (with max points) and CA (D-6) this year. Going to be a busy fall. I have always backpacked into huntng areas when practical. Area 203 is just a bit different.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-09 AT 04:36PM (MST)[p]Might have to give the deer tag back...wasn't paying attention when the party put in. We drew our 3rd choice which runs the same dates as my Elk tag. Oh well! I'll get to keep my 5 pts for deer at least that will work out.

Congrats on the elk tag Hvyshot12 . I will be hunting elk in 231 with a rifle after 8 years of waiting . Make sure you let us know how the hunt goes .

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom