How do I get my deer back from my taxidermist???

H

harryoswife

So - I shot the most awesome buck I could ever imagine (for me). It was so cool that my father-in-law made me get a head-mount. I shopped around for a week and Peyser Taxidermy was highly suggested by this website and by a friend. I checked out his showroom and was very impressed - so I took my animal in for processing! That was nearly 2 years ago. I was told I would get it back in one year. That sounded like forever, but I thought it was worth it. The taxidermist have never contacted me at all about this. I have written e-mails and gotten a couple generic responses, but at this time I have absolutely no idea when I can get my animal back. I had a friend who just got a buck call last week and they told him 18 months...my thing is that I want it back - but I want them to do the great job on my animal. I do not want to make them mad and have them mess up my animal. I just need my deer at home on the wall where he is meant to be. Any suggestions on what I can do to make this happen?

I don't know anything about Peyser Taxidermy but I have worked with many Taxidermist over the last 30 years. The first thing you need to do is talk to him in person if possible if not on the phone. e-mail just isn't the same. I have almost always had good luck with taxidermist. Both times I didn't it was probably my own fault. One in Africa who was obvious to me at the time not a high quality taxidermist and when I got cheap one time and went to a guy who had a reputation for taking a long time on completing mounts 3 years later I had a very poor whitetail mount. Talk to them first, if that doesn't work you do have legal recourse to retrieve your cape and antlers depending on the state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom