How do you do it?

150fighter

Well, this year I've really wanted to pick up some elk and deer sheds, I've found a decent 5 point elk antler and a decent 4 point whitetail shed, thats it.

My question is, how do you guys shed hunt? Do you just walk around aimlessly, looking back and forth, or do you walk in a set pattern?

Last month I found a spot with loads of elk in the area, will that spot have lots of sheds do you think? It is pretty open but with patches of cover.

Thanks for the help

P.S. Can someone please help me post my pics of the sheds I've found, I can resize them but it makes the pictures look blurry. Thanks

How the wife and I do it is first I wonder aimlessly around when the bucks are just done ruttin and are in their bachelor herds and just make a mental note on where Iv'e seen them. Then after they have shed the wife and I go a horseback and start together about 100 yrds apart and go up one side of the canyon or ridges and then down the other. AND WHILE THE WIFE FINDS ALL THE HORNS I PACKMULE THEM BACK TO THE PICKUP!!

Mileage, good shoes, and pack a lunch. Methodology? They all work if you end up where the horn dropped.

Here's a small article I wrote about shed hunting, Hope you find it usefull.

http://www.monstermuleys.com/cgi-bin/stories/site90.pl?page=tip-shedhunting&tem=tips1

beavis.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom