how early is too early to start scouting?

parecido

What do you guys think? How early or when do you guys start your scouting? months before the hunt? week or two?

I have my cameras out scouting for me all year long and I usually head out right after I get my tag in hand. Been out once already and will be heading out as much as time will allow.

As soon as the forests open again.Until then by map and sat. Then before the bow season opens,and head in the week before my mz hunt.Thats for my elk hunt.Since my deer hunt is in my home unit I'm always looking around.But I don't bug them too much.These deer are spooky all the time.

usually due to work and distance i head out a few weeks before the hunt, this year my deer hunt is very close to home so i'm going to head out as much as i can starting as soon as the forests open up again

Nothing wrong with scouting year around. Just be respectful of others if your scouting during hunts.

Nothing pisses me off more than people scouting during my hunt and setting up camp right in the middle of where the elk I WAS chasing were feeding at night or next to their watering hole. This will make them relocate and will not create new friendships!

I always camp away from where the critters might be and try to scout from a distance or check water holes midday - quietly & unobtrusivly.

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom