How has everyone done this spring

coyote

Just wondering how everyone has done compared to last few years. For instance I have found 50 deer antlers and 3 puny elk sheds. Last year I had 30 More sheds. Seems like I had to hunt harder this year to find what I did. I'm not done looking for elk sheds yet but how did everyone do on Deer?

the snow really took a toll on me. mountain is 140% this year. it will be awhile until it melts. and a newborn kinda slows things down to

Well!

I ain't found one Shed yet!

Be nice if the TARDS/JACKASSES would let them fall off their heads before pressuring Our Herds!

The Elk started dropping about a week ago,still seeing at a distance through my JUNK Bushnell Spotter Elk that are still packin,some have lost one side & a very few have shed both sides!

Gonna go for a Hike this afternoon!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

93 deer sheds and only 4 elk (2 brown, 2 white) for me... I never seem to have much luck with elk, but this has been my 2nd best year for deer. Found my biggest single and 2nd biggest set this year (pretty sure I know who has the match to my single too and am trying to work out a deal to get it). I will more than likely break the 100 mark this coming weekend. I went out for elk with my dad this weekend and saw the biggest herd I've ever seen (1000+ head). Only saw 2 rags packing both sides and 1 rag with 1 side left. All the others had shed. My dad also picked up a brown spike elk horn that was dropped that day still bloody on the base.

2600dscn0375r.jpg

Ive done ok with a lot of persistence. 25 sheds, 2 elk, 4 decent 4 points and one nice set which is pretty old unfortunately.

One thing that has stuck out to me is that (while new to the area) in all my exploring and hiking i didnt find one brown, all the antlers are a year or more old.

Sounds in line with what you are finding coyote, im not far from you.

I've done alright this year, I've found about the same as last year, though I've hunted harder. So I'd say that I've found less per mile than last year, though I've hiked more miles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom