How many arrows?

J

JOHUNT

How many arrows do you guys reccomend that i bring on a hunt. I only have three broadheads so three arrows in my quiver

Do i need more?

What do you think?
Thanks

+1 LowCountryElk!

I am not a Tourney Archer and not every single shot has been perfect, but I am still 5 for 5 with One shot-One Kills from a Bow. Extra arrows are nice in case of an unfortunate miss, but an extra arrow won't do you any good without a broadhead to attach to it. So if you do take extra arrows and happen to bust one, just be sure you take the time to find the broadhead end and have some extra replaceable blades to attach (if that's the type of head you use).

Good Luck and be sure to post pix / Story of your success!!

?-ERock-->. ?

So far this year...I have lost one arrow with broadhead, and I nailed a tree (missing an elk) and lost that broadhead (just unscrewed the arrow). My point, you can never have too many... but not enough and you will kick yourself. One arrow is REALLY all it SHOULD take (thats what I thought, then I realized just how challenging archery hunting is). You will never beat yourself up for bringing too many.

Three with broadheads in the quiver and one practice/small game arrow. An additional six arrows back at camp. Three for practice and three ready to hunt with. Like Trevriv said, rather have too many than not enough. Don't forget to shoot the practice arrows in camp. I went from PA to New Mexico on an elk hunt. At 12,000 feet, my 20 yard pin became my 30 yard pin, 30 became 40 and so on......
Good luck and shoot straight!
HD

Took me three this year. I ranged the tree behind my buck at 71 yards because he was in the tall brush and all I got where 3 yard readings when I tried to get my range finder on him. So I shot over him twice and double punched him with my third shot. The tree I ranged had an arrow neatly placed in it. I ranged from the first blood to where I was standing 65 yards slightly uphill.

I take six just in case. Plus another four to six for practice. # broad heads...seriously you can afford another three. Just leave the coke/pepsi at the store and pick up a three pack.

I take four out on the hunt but I carry 4 practise and 8 or 10 extra with hunting tips in the truck. Don't want to not hunt for lack of arrows haha.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom