How many days did you spend scouting this summer?

How many days did you spend scouting this summer?

• Total voters

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Question of the Day: How many days did you spend scouting for your different hunts (or family/friends) hunts this past summer?

I know some are still scouting, but during the 3 month summer, how much time?

How much time for different critters? Mule deer, elk, moose, etc.?

I did 14 days scouting for deer in Wyoming and then I believe 6 looking for elk here in Utah. It was definitely less time this year than typically.

We spent 28 days total out looking and exploring.... A pile of sheep days and some in our old haunts.

10 days in Western Wyoming, 12 days near Livingston, Montana and no days in Colorado. Next year for MT as the property is locked up in a guiding contract. Wyoming is a maybe.

CO is for certain.

Six days in NV for my archery deer and six days for my son's CO muzz deer. I'm hoping I'll get two more in this week before season starts Saturday. Way less than usual.

Time on my hands is not part of my life right now so I have Zero scouting days in so far this year. I am envious of those that have made it out. I hope it pays off and good luck.

3 out of state hunts and 0 scouting days.
One elk hunt in AZ for me and one elk hunt in NM for my son - both are 20.5 hour drives so no boots on ground scouting for either of those hunts. Have a week between my hunt and his hunt and will scout during that time though. Endless hours doing google earth and map scouting.
One late season migration elk hunt in WY for my other son - no use summer scouting for a late migration hunt.

Will do the best we can going into the hunts cold.

Part of the reason my job is so cool is that I’m constantly out looking for animals. Unfortunately not usually the unit I plan to hunt but still great nonetheless. Was in Alaska for three weeks, spent two weeks in Utah elk country and a week in Idaho. Plus the rest of the summer in Nevada. I was glassing into California this morning looking for bucks

I didn't scout at all this summer. I was super busy finishing my home renovation and building a new deck over our pond.

I did shoot my bow almost daily and exercised more than normal. It worked out.

I tagged out on Labor Day.

20230904_103716~2.jpg

20230902_133536.jpg

Part of the reason my job is so cool is that I’m constantly out looking for animals. Unfortunately not usually the unit I plan to hunt but still great nonetheless. Was in Alaska for three weeks, spent two weeks in Utah elk country and a week in Idaho. Plus the rest of the summer in Nevada. I was glassing into California this morning looking for bucks
What part of California, I have X6B tag in Cali and am glassing into Nevada as that is where the huge ones tend to be

The weather pattern is so different in the summer to when my hunt is I plan on getting out once a week about a month prior to one of my hunts

Question of the Day: How many days did you spend scouting for your different hunts (or family/friends) hunts this past summer?

Going to spend the last ten days of September scouting for elk and deer and then hunt for 14 days in October or until tags are filled

I haven’t scouted this year. Just gonna wing it, hit the normal elk spot, shoot a meat bull for the freezer, call it a season.

Didn’t draw a deer tag. Have too much going on at home to get out right now. Happy hunting y’all!

0 days for deer i have been hunting the same unit for a dozen years, scouting would be a waste of fuel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom