How many of you live in SW CO?

I WANTA
my heart is there.
I dream I'm there.
I'm always searching for property.
but my wife keeps saying we ain't going ta move,
ya right, I'm moving she just doesn't know it yet.
figure what she doesn't know,
is better,
I'll just have to take her out there for vacation some time,
see how she likes the place.
just mention that we could do a place like it and see what her reaction is.

Don't live there but wish I did. That is my favorite part of Colorado. I vacation there as often as possable. Last time was two years ago. Spent a month in Ouray. I love the snow skiing in Telluride. Lot of strange people in that town though. I kinda liken it to the Venice Beach of the Rockies. Beautiful country. I love it. Wish I could make a livin there.

"We must HUNT"

No, but heading there July 1st! Like elk, I hope to have some land there someday. Maybe this will be the trip where I find the perfect property!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Hey Tx,

I think you said you drew a 71 muzz tag. Let me know when you will be up here and maybe we can hook up. Over the 4th we will be away, but you may have other trips planned.

Chances are I will be hunting the same time/unit as you (cow), that is if I get a chance to get out.

I don't live too far away, and have spent a little time in that country.;-)

Paul, I've told you where I live a dozen times or so. Do you still remember? Hehehe....

hornaddiction: Tried to send you an email and it was returned. Has your email changed?

Bluehair: sounds like a plan! Would love to meet.

txhunter58

P C ,No. Cedaredge is on the south side of Grand Mesa. Around 75 miles north of Silverton. Cedar

Going on a scouting trip there, the next couple weeks, (unit 62) any suggestions of where to set up a wall tent camp ?

Not me, but my mother was raised there in Cahone,CO. and went to school in Cortez. My grandpa and his brother were alphalfa hay and anasaze bean farmers up there. My great uncle and his family stayed up there after my grandpa sold his half of the farm and headed back to TX. That side of my family still farms a large piece of land up there. We try to visit every now and then. I wish the elk season would run into the late season around there cuz there are some good bulls that come down from the high country after season ends and they camp out on the farms!! I seen some big herds right out the house window before!!
Scottyboy

I know a few folks in Dolores, Cortez, Durango area. Great place. I am on the opposite side of the state, Fort Collins. Anybody know Bell's, Yarbrough's, Foster',s?
Jeff

I live in Ouray, about 45 miles south of Montrose. My county has one stoploght, and more elk than people. That's why I live here!

We actually have quite a few bighorns that hang out near twn all winter. I haven't actually seen one on the baseball field, but have seen them crossing main street and hanging out by the skating rink!

So is the "Convoy" man still the mayor there, or did he move on?

txhunter58

We actually have a woman as mayor now. I think the "Convoy" man pre-dated me. I have only been her for about 2 years.

I hunted a ranch out of Ridgeway in 1989. It bordered Dennis Weaver's property. He is a liberal, tree-huggin' #####. You guys ever see him? PC

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-04 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]I actually did see him once. I saw this guy with a roll of paper towels at the grocery and told him he could go in front of me in line. As soon as he spoke I recognized him. Pretty funny because I loved McCloud growing up. He seemed pretty nice but I know nothing of his politics. He does have a bunch of strange livestock on his property - LLamas, camels, etc.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom