How many people are scouting now?

M

maddglasser

Just thought I would see how many of you are ACTUALLY scouting at this time of the year? My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I am out 3-5 days a week. I need some support, to tell my wife, other people, my friends, are doig it too!

Madglasser;
I too am out, am getting ready to drive to the strip and begin scouting, should put in a good 60 days before the rifle hunt,
and lots of time before the archery hunt. Yes, you are crazy
but hey, ain't we all. You, me , and all the rest of these guys know that scouting is the key , and plain hard work. I have been around some of the best guides in Az., and they all have the secret formula. THEY WORK THEIR BU##S OFF
Don't know what to tell you about the wife, if you figure it out tell me and the rest of these macho dudes.
Steve Cheuvront

I was out scouting unit 10 this weekend for my sons November Bull hunt. What is wrong with me ? The horn is starting to grow.

I wish I could be out 3-5 days a week. I would if I could. I have 3 young kids at home, and a full time job that limits scouting time. Getting up at 3-4 AM to drive, hike, and be were I want to be at first light is why my wife thinks I am crazy. I went out the Saturday before Easter when it rained all day and she asked why I had gone out in the rain. I said I took a picture of the hill I wanted to climb to the top of next week to glass, so now I can look at the picture and plan how I am going to climb the hill, so I can climb it faster, glass sooner, and then get back home quicker!!! Seriously if hunting or guiding was my livelyhood, I would be scouting 3-5 days a week year round. Hope that helps.

Great way to spend your time!!! I am lucky to get as much time out as I do, yeah it is my job, but my wife thinks I should be home more. I don't think I am taking away from her or my kids, I am trying to do the prework for this years hunts.
Travis

I've been out three-four times already keeping tabs on deer and checking out new areas as well. It's an addiction isn't it?

BOHNTR )))---------->

I have been out to three different coues areas for the upcoming bow hunt. Any excuse to get out in the woods is good for me. My youngest son has a cow tag so I will take a couple weekends up in his unit as well..... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

You guys are killing me. I have to work. We're right in the middle of planting crops and getting them out of the ground.

If there's a plus side it's that I get to see deer nearly every day in the ag areas. It's not the same as finding them in the boondocks but it will get me by until things slow down.

I have always been a firm believer in " Dont Count your Chickens before they hatch "

Scouting with out a tag, Sounds like that may jinx me..

Now say that, if I was an outfitter / guide I would be guiding as much as I could...

John

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-09 AT 07:34PM (MST)[p]
I'm not scouting at all I'll just wait untill a couple days before season then ask everybody here on MM where to go. :)

What I need to do is find out where all you guy's live and what you drive and just follow you guys out there. }>

creed,
I don't think you have ever thought, since it's too common where you live, but to have a few kids over to your ranch or farm, to view the deer. This would only make since if you live in Arizona, If you are from back east, what I said would be foolish.
There are a lot of kids who have never seen a deer and would love to see one. Does this make sense to any one but me?
If it's stupid say so and I'll shut up.
Steve Cheuvront

I've been out four days: hunting turkeys in the early morning and scouting pronghorn, elk & mule deer the rest of the day.

I try and get out 1-2 times a week wether its glassing or calling coyotes or checking water sources. I have been out alot lately with the turkey tags that we drew.. So far we are 3 for 4 on filling tags with my brother shooting his this morning..

We went shed/lion hunting a couple of times and I will be out scouting a bunch here in the next few weeks.....If only Sept could come a little sooner.......

I've had my pack loaded to do some scouting and try out some new gear, finally be going tomorrow for 2 days. Coues mostly but just whatever, maybe find a shed.

I've lucked out and been successful on some 'ugly tag' hunts in this unit.

Kent

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom