How many states?

muleymaniac81

Just wondering, how many states do you guys apply in or collect points in every year? I am building points in CO right now, waiting until I get more vacation time to start applying in more states.

Idaho no points but I apply every year, Oregon, Wyoming, and will probably apply to for Colorado this year

Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Kansas.
I also put in New Mexico every year (No points system)

I don't bother with Idaho (no points system and most good hunting can be bought over the counter), Oregon, or Washington.

It can get pretty pricy. Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona,take your cash up front. Nevada, Utah, and Arizona require a hunting license to apply. (Even for a bonus point)

I don't put in for sheep in any state, and I still need around 3k in the bank to cover the tags I never draw. (I get $2500 back one species at a time)

NV & UT

AZ for points after I draw NV or UT elk tag, then I will start putting in for an actual Elk tag.

Dont want to risk drawing 3 elk tags in one year

Col, Wyo, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, N.Mex (although there is no point system), Oregon, and sometimes Idaho if I'm feeling good.

Soon, I will think about dropping some of these states after drawing a hunt there...getting too expensive on the pocketbook.

Washington, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. Build points in all the states that have a point system and never worry about drawing to many tags in one year. The odds of drawing more than one tag are to tough. Never have I drawn more than 2 tags in a year. And only once were the tags during the same dates.

Put in for tags in Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, and New Mexico. Go down to Texas in Dec. and hunt WT's and turkeys. I live in Idaho, so that works in my favor.

One year I drew a sheep tag and 4 deer tags. It was some tight scheduling and expensive, but I got it done.

I put in for deer, antelope, elk, both sheep, goat, bison, ibex, and oryx in every state that has them. Life's too short to miss out on any of them. Granted I only put in for top notch units so I never draw but I still go on over the counter tags where ever and when ever I can. My wife just loves application time every year.

Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas, California, South Dakota, Iowa, and New Mexico. As others have said, as soon as I draw in a couple of states(Arizona comes to mind) I will probably drop that state.

CABugle

Next question, which states can I apply for points only in? I don't have enough vacation time yet to take the risk of drawing 2 tags in one year. I have been gathering points in CO and am thinking of applying in NM next year also. Can I apply for points only in AZ, WY, NV and UT? Thanks for your help.

I put in for almost everything in UT, WY, MO, NV, CO, AZ, OR, KS, OH, ID, and NM. I also put my wife and Dad in for most of these hunts. There are a few other States such as WA and CA that I could put in for but putting in for these States for three people is almost more than I can afford.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom