HOW SWEET IT IS.

The 1960's. Maybe his model predicted the next ice age then, and that New York would be covered in ice. That was the big prediction back then. No wonder he got the Nobel Prize in 2021.

No tags for me.

Lots of models out there, and many of them contradict one another. As has been noted here, we should not have too much confidence in models. Neither should we have too much faith in the information we receive from the many advocates on either side of this argument. We may not be able to prove any claim to be correct, but it is possible to prove many of them wrong.

They gave Obama and Gore a Nobel.......and they aren't leftist?....lol

If I recall, those were "peace" prizes., weren't they? I would be surprised if they had not been awarded to leftists. Perhaps that is the nature of giving awards for progress--they tend not to fall to conservatives.

As for the award to Obijuankenobi, I am not here to point out that it was justified. I am simply pointing out that the criticism leveled against that decision on the grounds provided is not justified--a much easier point to prove, given the weak argument provided by the critic in question.

If I recall, those were "peace" prizes., weren't they? I would be surprised if they had not been awarded to leftists. Perhaps that is the nature of giving awards for progress--they tend not to fall to conservatives.

As for the award to Obijuankenobi, I am not here to point out that it was justified. I am simply pointing out that the criticism leveled against that decision on the grounds provided is not justified--a much easier point to prove, given the weak argument provided by the critic in question.
Progress? LMAO.....take a look at what happens to our country when "progress" takes place. They are progressing to take from those that do and give to those that don't!

Progress? LMAO.....take a look at what happens to our country when "progress" takes place. They are progressing to take from those that do and give to those that don't!

I think you missed my point. I am comparing the aims of progressives to the aims of conservatives. The Nobel Awards are, by definition, for "progress," although you and I may not see it that way.

Well!

I've Said For 40+ Years If Anybody Was even half serious About Cleaning The Air Up Some We Coulda Been Running Most/Smaller Vehicles on Natural Gas!

Did We Do That?

No!

And The People That Did Make Their Own Conversions To Natural Gas What Happened?

They Started Getting Smacked So Hard at The Pump They All Said F'That BS!

Several Other Countries Destroying Mother Earth & We Don't Care About That!

As Long As We Can Buy All Of The CHEAP F'N JUNK That's Made In China With No Other Choices!

Last Time I Checked This Earth Was Still Spinning & You Are Inhaling The Pollution No Matter Where You're Located On This Globe!

But Hey!

As Long As We/Our Government doesn't Pollute it Right Above Our Own Heads We are Safe & Protected,Right?

I agree that climate will change (and has changed) whether we like it or not. But I also believe that human activity affects climate and a growing number of scientists agree. I understand that predictive models are rarely perfect. It was estimated that Glacier National Park would lose it glaciers by 2020, and that has not been the case. In fact, they are only reduced by 40%. Am I to conclude, then, that the entire thing is a hoax? As you say, time will tell, but I am inclined to believe scientists over business interests.

That said, aside from suggesting that is logical to support the renewables energy just as we support the extraction of fossil fuels, I do not recall ever telling others what they should do. I am content to share what I know, same as you, and then let the reader decide for himself.

I agree that climate will change (and has changed) whether we like it or not. But I also believe that human activity affects climate and a growing number of scientists agree. I understand that predictive models are rarely perfect. It was estimated that Glacier National Park would lose it glaciers by 2020, and that has not been the case. In fact, they are only reduced by 40%. Am I to conclude, then, that the entire thing is a hoax? As you say, time will tell, but I am inclined to believe scientists over business interests.

That said, aside from suggesting that is logical to support the renewables energy just as we support the extraction of fossil fuels, I do not recall ever telling others what they should do. I am content to share what I know, same as you, and then let the reader decide for himself.
Fair enough we have different opinions.

The hoax is not that the glaziers are melting or that the climate is warming, the hoax is the left using the truth to manipulate the people of the planet by arguing people are the cause. That the hoax. They chose that truth to tell you that lie.

The same way they use the lie that God makes people gay. They use a truth to convince you of a lie. They use another truth that we should love everyone and that means you have to allow millions of them to take advantage of your hard work and ingenuity and your Constitutional ideals to abuse your generosity. It’s the oldest trick in the human race to manipulate other humans.

1660921286786.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom