How to find a rifles realistic value

callsalot

I've inherited a few guns. I don't think any of them have much value and I already have enough since I archery hunt most of the time so would like to sell them. The only ones I think may be worth a few buck are an Ruger M77 in 7 rem mag. Stock has quite a few dings in it. The other is a 30-06 Remington I think it's a model 760, It's a pump action with in average shape. Any thoughts on how to get a value that would be fair to both me and a buyer. Both have optic but they are old an not worth much.

Look on gunbroker and you'll get an idea. the 760 isn't a high demand gun but if the 77 is a pre-storybook model they are pretty sought after. not really sure of the value though.

If you register on Gunbroker you can see what guns actually sold for, not just what people are trying to sell them for.

Your old guns may be worth more than you think they are so make sure you look at all of them.

Used guns like everything else are selling high.

Go on Gunbroker , 760 Remingtons are selling for more than what you would think. Find one that actually has bids on it, not just a high asking price and no bids..... ce61

If you register on Gunbroker you can see what guns actually sold for, not just what people are trying to sell them for.

Your old guns may be worth more than you think they are so make sure you look at all of them.

Used guns like everything else are selling high.
Thanks for the advice WVHunter.

I've inherited a few guns. I don't think any of them have much value and I already have enough since I archery hunt most of the time so would like to sell them. The only ones I think may be worth a few buck are an Ruger M77 in 7 rem mag. Stock has quite a few dings in it. The other is a 30-06 Remington I think it's a model 760, It's a pump action with in average shape. Any thoughts on how to get a value that would be fair to both me and a buyer. Both have optic but they are old an not worth much.
The old scopes might also be worth more than a guy thinks.

I would also say, a gun is simply worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I have seen guns sell for more than a guy could go but a new one several times at auctions.

Blue book of gun values is pretty good. Also have prices on condtion.

But some things do sell for much more on gunbroker. If somebody wants something they want it. I am also guilty of over paying but hey got what I was seeking

Gunbroker. But you need to know what you have. For example, a red pad, tang safety Ruger 77 in fine shape is probably worth more than an MKII, $900-1000+ vs $700-800. The 760 has a cult following. They are sought after by deep woods hunters. $800-1000+, depending on grade.

Really appreciate everyone's advice. I'll figure out the years for these rifles and then register on Gun broker and see what I find. Really appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom